YouTube | Pad Patter 5.10

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 10, 2017.

1. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I use youTube for book reading for the kids, music video playlists, my own family videos... I also look for scrapping tutorials and plan with me videos.

My sister watches make up videos, and the oyster videos where you look for pearls?

Husband watches motorcycle videos where they are comparing different motorcycles, or sometimes just filming the sounds of the exhaust /after market additions to their bikes. He also watches a few different "tell it like it is" news breakdowns, or explanations of things.

My son likes when we put on monster trucks, or airplanes, or motorcycles. My daughter likes watching dancing (ballet) orgymnastics.

We get our fair share of use from YouTube, for sure!

bestcee likes this.
  2. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I don't watch YT much. Sometimes I play scrap process videos in the background while I'm scrapping.

bestcee likes this.
  3. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Yaaaasss YouTube!

Dan & Phil are my ultimate favourite youtubers and I have multiple items of merchandise of them. They are two lanky best friends (shipper here though, but let's keep it professional for now) and both have their own channel at Daniel Howell & AmazingPhil but also have a gaming channel at DanAndPhilGAMES. They're British, have toured with the AmazingTourIsNotOnFire around the world, have two books and used to have a BBC Radio 1 show. They are the absolute best.

Tyler Oakley is another fav. One of the very first youtubers I started watching tbh.
    Thomas Sanders is an angel and the absolute best.
    Superfruit is fun indeed (as stated by @michelepixels).

I also watch a couple of The Sims 4 youtubers. Such as TheEnglishSimmer and The Sim Supply.
    It's a dirty pleasure, really. I don't really think watching these videos make any sense. lol

And then there are the shows that I follow through youtube. Lots of British shows, such as:
    The Last Leg (Channel 4) "Three guys with four legs talking about the week."
    QI (BBC2) "Comedy quiz show full of quirky facts, in which contestants are rewarded more if their answers are 'quite interesting'."
    The Graham Norton Show (BBC1) "Famous faces, the host with the most and everyone's favourite 'red chair'."
    Great British Bake Off (BBC gone Channel 4)

So, in conclusion. Yes. I love youtube. It is part of my life. I am not thinking about becoming a vlogger myself, but I love my favs who are.

You may notice the LGBTQ+ theme in my fav channels. And yes, that is partly why I love youtube too. It's inclusive, it's a place where people that don't fit into the heteronormative mold get a change to shine. And it's a place for much more others to see people who are like them. It's all about representation baby.
    Another reason why I love YT is because it's international. No borders. Almost everything is internationally viewable (and if it's not, it's super annoying).
    A third reason is the educational aspect. There are vids about EVERYTHING on there. As a teacher, it's highly usable!

Just because I know some of you want to keep it 'clean':
    most of the channels or shows I recommend are using strong language. Yay to being an adult, right.

bestcee and michelepixels like this.
  4. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i rarely go on youtube.