You are so nice!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges 2018' started by _scrapaholic_, Jan 29, 2018.

1. _scrapaholic_

_scrapaholic_ Well-Known Member

I just wanted to give a shoutout to everyone who hosts a challenge! I'm always impressed how polite you are when sending a message (when I clearly did something wrond in the challenge!). Thanks so much for taking the time and giving us the opportunity to correct our pages/descriptions!! YOU ROCK!

2. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Ditto! Our Pollys rock! They work so, so hard. Thanks for giving them a shout out!

3. Jems

Jems Well-Known Member

hahahahaha I thought the same the other day when I read an instruction wrong and the Polly was so sweet about it, im the one who messed up, I was genuinely sorry for that, but she was so kind and patient!!

4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Ditto, to both the Thanks and the YOU ROCK! :)

5. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

Yes this!! It’s embarrassing enough to have made the mistake or have to ask a stupid question. It helps to have a kind response!

6. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

This place is the best. I love the Polly's, and the admin, too! They have always been so friendly and helpful. I love it here.

7. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I totally agree! This is one of the friendliest and most helpful sites.

8. Mylinn

Mylinn What's that old bat up to now??

Hear Hear!! Thank you to our hosts. Thank you to the Pollys. Thank you to the Admins. Thank you, no matter what your role here is.

I consider myself blessed to have found a whole community that is so supportive, helpful, willing (even eager) to share and best of all (in my own humble opinion and needy-ness) very very accepting! I love love that we are so very different at times - clean & simple (I want to do it and I hate doing it and it is so not me, lol), brand new, messy and/or dump even the kitchen sinnk on there (so me), professionals (designers, scrap for hire folks), seasoned & knowledgable old hand to....all sorts!

9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This thread makes me mushy. Y'all are so sweet!!

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Thank you back to you for being kind about being contacted. Lol! I know we always want to be helpful when we contact you because we definitely want you to succeed... and it's always a little scary to point out a mistake to someone. Even though we all do it! lol! :)

11. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Thank you for this! Believe me, we do NOT like to send those messages. We know how hard you guys work on your pages and it can be discouraging to find out you did all that work but then have to re-do it. So it's just as hard to send those as receive them. But by and large, everyone has been wonderful to work with and MOC continues to be a lot of fun for both sides of the Pad!

12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Yes, what Karen and Julie said :) The least fun part of the job is having to message someone to correct something, but we do it because we want you all to succeed and finish. And we do so appreciate all the kind words and support we receive in return. So a huge thanks to you all for working with us and making MOC such a wonderful time of year!

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Isn't it wonderful to have such help and kindness here? TLP really is a special piece of heaven here in digi-land.

14. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

[​IMG]
    We all want everyone to succeed! Sometimes the error is simply we are so excited to start on our layout we miss reading a little detail.

15. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Absolutely and ditto to all the Polly Hosts.. It is a lot of work, but also rewarding seeing what everyone does with the challenge. Thank you all. Each of the challenges have been fantastic!

16. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

I couldn't agree more!! I remember the first ever PM I got last year during MOC, I was afraid to open it, I thought I was getting in trouble...like being sent to the principal's office in 1st grade at Catholic school kinda trouble LOL!! Nope, it was Anne (@AnneofAlamo) reaching out asking if I needed help! Boy did I ever!

I take the cake for asking silly questions! Lots and lots of silly ones! The most recent one (during the last Pictionary when I asked if we used our finger to draw on the screen. No you dolt, unless you have a touch screen DUH!!) that I'm sure left everyone like

[​IMG]

17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Never Timmi! @bbymks5 . It was a valid question for Pictionary.

MrsPeel and KatrinaHunt13 like this.
  18. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I agree with the Pollys here, it is the most uncomfortable feeling in the world to send out those PMs. When we do (at least me) I write and re-write them a gazillion times trying to make sure that in no time I am offending the recipient. We LOVE that you all share your life, your special moments with us. We feel... LUCKY and HONORED that you do so because we know that you don't have to and you CHOOSE to do so, SO THANKS FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS!

19. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Thanks so so much for this!!!!!
    I can answer better than the girls have done already, but will thank YOU all too for being so great and kind when talking to us!!!!!!
    I have only had gotten in touch with only a couple of you, but in the first case, not only it was a beautiful answer but I have gained a new friend!!!!!!
    Thanks once again.... !!!!

Graciela1 and yellowpeep like this.
  20. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Thanks so much for these kind words, they really mean a lot. I for one, get very anxious messaging people about corrections and I take a lot of time with my wording to be as supportive and encouraging as I can (just ask my hubby, I get him to proof read them all before I press send lol).

The Polly's above me have said it all but I will add, that we as Polly's, love our community wholeheartedly and we appreciate the gift of your talent.

yellowpeep likes this.