Yellow/green photos

Discussion in 'Photography Pad' started by mlewis, Apr 14, 2012.

1. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

So now that spring is here and everything is green and pretty, does anyone else have trouble with their photos having a ton of green/yellow in them? My white balance is off, there's a color cast on my photos from the bright green grass and I do not know how to counter-act it. I've tried setting custom white balance with a gray card, removing color cast in PSE, etc., and I think I've become even more inconsistent than usual.

Any good tips?

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Um... I don't even know enough to know if I have problems with this issue. LOL! I think your photos are amazing Melissa though, so I wouldn't beat yourself up about it at all! :)

3. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Color casts are TOUGH! Can you post a picture of one that you are having trouble with?

4. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

It IS though to get rid of that in the spring/summer, especially when taking pics of all the greenery. I normally shoot pics of my kids, so I will just have them hold a gray card for the first pic I do in each lighting situation. Then in ACR, I edit that photo with the gray card, then copy those settings to all of my other shots in the raw files with the same lighting situation. Usually correcting the gray card shot pulls the color cast out pretty well. If I am still having trouble, I just do a color balance adjustment layer and pull some of the green out that way, masking off what I want to stay vivid. Hope that helps a bit.

5. renee82

renee82 renee82

I'm having the same issue.... I was pulling my hair out trying to edit a photo I took of Mathieu today. I tried all kinds of things in LR and managed to dull down the yellow/green with the desaturation brush. I don't know if it's the correct way to do it but it seemed to work...

This is my edited photo, the grass was an eerie yellow... still not 100% happy with it but I guess it will do:
    [​IMG]

6. mommatrish

mommatrish mommatrish

the best way would be to duplicate your photo (in Photoshop) edit the grass to the level you think it should be, make it a layer mask and then brush out everything except the grass.

7. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I agree with Trish. You can also make another duplicate and pull out any yellow/green you don't want in his skin and then mask out the grass. Color casts just have to make everything so much work!!