Xmas tree up, is yours?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bcgal00, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Ours has been up for a week or so and I just got it decorated today.

Love all the pictures and Amanda, @AJK those ornaments are gorgeous!

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I finally got some good pictures of our tree. The gold star on top doesn't show very well - I wish it was red, but it shows up here, so that's all good. Haha I took a couple of close-ups, too.

1-tree-resized.jpg 1-tree-closeup.jpg 1-tree-closeup2.jpg

3. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

So many beautiful trees! Love this time of the year!
    We have three trees this year, all fake: our regular one, one smaller on the coffee table for DD and one WIP for all the ornaments we'll buy/make.
    [​IMG]

4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Those ornaments would look awesome on an all white tree.

I have a small tree on top of a bookcase in my office. It is white. Why white? Because the ornaments I wanted when I got it a couple years ago were lavender. I love the look of them on the white. I put one on one of my small green trees and it just doesn't look the same. Sometimes you just have to go outside the box. Both of the small green trees I have have red and white as dominant colors for decorations. I alternate which one I put out each year. This year is the one with strings of beads. Red beads, white beds, a red/green bow and no ornaments.

5. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Joy and TJ put the tree up this evening.

6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My kids decorated beginning at the stroke of midnight December 1, as is our tradition. And I made this photograph Monday but didn't get around to sharing it until now!
    WEB2019-12-09-xmastree-006.jpg

cinderella likes this.
  7. Susan - s3js

Susan - s3js Well-Known Member

I wish, but no. Not only can I not get to any of my decorations (they are in the very front of a 53 foot trailer we rented to store everything when we started renovations), but there is just no spirit this year. We are going to my Dad's in North Carolina on Saturday, so n one wanted to put it up just to take it down before we left. If we had left it up our cat, Sophie, would have destroyed it out of boredom. So.... It will be wonderful to see Daddy, though. He's 84 in 3 weeks but he was running rings around my 21 and 26 year-old sons until he fell and hurt his back. That's healed now, but 'twas scary because internal bleeding went along with it. Can't wait to see him!

8. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Nope, got cats. We did decorate outside tho.

9. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

First Christmas with these two cats for me! I’ve read that putting the tree up in stages will help lots.

7C1DB5CF-A43E-47D7-B6F8-5620D17256D6.jpeg 0DC453CB-9A18-4391-A2D3-DFF89DF5B262.jpeg

These photos were taken when it was just the tree with lights on. You understand I was dreading what would happen in a later stage...

Even though they still climbed in the “basket” after it was fully decorated, about two weeks ago now, nothing was destroyed or broken!

55E8350F-121C-4B8F-A88B-B61AC8219728.jpeg

cinderella likes this.