CLOSED: Winner Announced! ***Xmas in July 2018: Inspiration challenge

Discussion in 'Christmas in July' started by bellbird, Jul 16, 2018.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

THIS CHALLENGE IS NOW CLOSED - Winner announced in post #44.

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!...in July! "

[​IMG]

I love this time of year! I know some people don't class this as a holiday or acknowledge it and yes, I know Christmas trees will be up in shopping malls all too soon for some in just a few short months but I think it is a great excuse to pull out last year's abundance of December pics (or the year before's, or the year before that...) and get some pages done for the album! I also gave up trying to think of unique Christmas page titles a few years ago so crank up some carols if it helps get you in the festive mood because here are my Christmas inspiration page steps for you:

Step 1: This is a multi-photo page so pick 2 or more photos from December of any year (you can duplicate one photo if you usually prefer to scrap a single photo per page and they do not need to be from Christmas day)
    Step 2: Pick any Christmas carol/ holiday song to inspire your title - it can be the name of the song or a line from it. There is plenty of holiday wordart in the store that comes from traditional carols or you can use a font or journal card for your title - there are some less Christmas-y songs too "Let It Snow, Frosty the Snowman" etc if you want a more general December page. Here's a list of Carols for other ideas.
    Step 3: Papers: Use at least one patterned paper - the rest is up to you!
    Step 4: Elements: Include at least one star OR heart OR angel OR tree OR ornament/bauble - and add anything else you want! You can keep it minimal or you can go Christmas crazy!
    Step 5: Add the date - just December and the year is fine for older, pre-digi photos if you are using them.

This is my page.
    [​IMG]
    I started out inspired by the carol, Deck the Halls while picking photos and by the time I had photos in the template, it was beginning to look a lot like Christmas, so that inspired my kit choice and title.
    I used parts of 2 kits with a template - A Lot Like Christmas by Bella Gypsy and Cottage Christmas by ForeverJoy with Winter Candy {Dressed Up} template by Fiddle Dee Dee

Need extra inspiration? Check out the Christmas in July 35% off sale on now :happydance& includes the Christmas, winter and DYD (Document Your December) store categories! These are a few packs I found that are inspired by carols and have great title potential!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Need more motivation? The Prize! Every page you enter puts you in the random draw for a $5 gift code to use in the store! So what are you waiting for?!

[Fineprint]
    Please post your page in the TLP gallery and also add it in here in this thread, respecting the gallery guidelines about content and size, so I can add you to the draw!
    The closing date for this challenge is Sunday July 29 at 11:59pm EDT - multiple entries are welcome!
    And Ho Ho Ho! Happy Scrapping! :tree

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

OOOOOoooooh - multiple entries are allowed! Love that! :agree

And BTW - I was at Hobby Lobby on Monday and Christmas was already out in quite a few of the aisles!

3. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I should be heading off to bed but I decided to create a quick page for this challenge:

[​IMG]

4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Me too but i'm so very happy to see this before i go to sleep! Yay!
    [​IMG]

5. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@bellbird I found the photos I'm going to use, scanned them in this a.m. But then I had to get ready for work... This weekend I hope to put something together. Thanks for hosting this. :tree

bellbird likes this.
  6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I'm confused. Or at least unsure. Are there two Xmas in July challenges?

. . . a travelers notebook challenge that is going to give us prompts every day to choose from and we make a different page every day . . .

AND

. . . a challenge to make as many December themed pages as we can, not a daily prompt MOC-like thing . . .

?

:headscratch

7. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

Just a guess but I think the challenge in this thread is seperate from the Christmas travelers size ones.

bellbird likes this.
  8. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yes - it's a mini event and sale ... 35% off Christmas, winter and Document Your December (DYD) ... AND two challenges!

bellbird and DisneyMom like this.
  9. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I'm excited multiple entries are welcome! Here's one from me but I hope to be back with more!
    [​IMG]

bellbird and Cherylndesigns like this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh yay another Christmas in July challenge!! AND we can have multiple entries! Thanks Justine!! I know I'll need a few more things from the store, too. :)

bellbird likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

HL always starts putting Christmas items up in July. A little early for me. LOL

bellbird and jenn mccabe like this.
  12. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

The Feliz Naughty Dog word art in Renee's kit is just hilarious! I seriously have it stuck in my head now!!
    [​IMG]

13. dagi

dagi Aiming high

thank you so much for the fun challenge! I do have so many photos that still needs to be scrapped and the challenges help a lot! :)
    [​IMG]

A-M and bellbird like this.
  14. lou

lou Well-Known Member

bellbird likes this.
  15. bbymks5

bbymks5 Where oh where can it be?!?

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
    Tree charm
    Date on the bottom photo
    Star paper

[​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  16. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

Fun challenge - Here's my 1st layout

[​IMG]

bellbird likes this.
  17. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

18. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i do love a good parody and this one has so many great ones!
    [​IMG]

cfile, amien1 and mcurtt like this.
  19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Yes Michele, what Jenn said! :luvya

20. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

I used some older photos. The date is in the journaling.
    [​IMG]

My inspiration song was "Home for the Holidays"

bellbird, A-M and mcurtt like this.