Writing Utensils|Pad Patter 9.17

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Sep 17, 2018.

1. kimingvtx

kimingvtx I'll try anything once!

Beckie -- I saw this post the evening before I was leaving on a cruise. I had already printed a few crossword puzzles to take on the airplane. I went to Office Depot right then and bought two of these pencils. They are wonderful. I think they are similar to what I used back in the olden days when I worked as a computer programmer. Thank you! I absolutely love them! Makes crosswords even more fun -- didn't know that was possible! Haha.

Ghislaine likes this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Pilot pens were all I'd use in college. I didn't care that they cost a lot (for a college student lol): I wanted note-taking to be as easy as possible and a good pen was part of that. And I tend to smear ball point pens. I do like Ink Joy but I've found that they leak if not used frequently...and since I buy the color assortment, mine do tend to go unused for long stretches as I work my way to that color lol.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    gonewiththewind likes this.
  3. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

4. Ghislaine

Ghislaine Active Member

I have multiple preferences when it comes to pens. I started using fountain pens while in Europe for high school so I've got a collection of those. I don't have any tremors but I too, have found that I like thicker barreled pens. I hear some people with arthritis like them too. I tend to reach for the Pilot Vanishing Point my husband got me for Christmas a few years ago the most because it's a click pen so it's fastest for jotting stuff down. I love that there's a huge variety in inks to choose including shimmering ones! The one drawback is that paper in the USA doesn't always work well with the fluid ink unless you are using an extra fine point. If I've got a shimmering ink I want to show it off with a wider point! LOL So now I'm picky about paper too!

My favorite rollerball is the black Uniball Micro pens and my favorite ballpoint are those cheap blue Bics you can get in a huge pack.

5. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I am very picky with pencils. They have to be the BIC ones with the black body and colored tab at the top. I won't use any other kind. Ever.