Worst words 2020 |Pad Patter 1 Jan

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Derp... I kind of love that word. I think I'll start using it. :giggle

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

yep 'boo' and 'bae' can both go, as far as i'm concerned - Boo makes me think Monsters Inc or Halloween or 'boo-boo' like one that requires a fancy kids bandaid more than actual first aid, and so i really don't get the reason it's a term of endearment
    i haven't heard 'give them grace' personally but like others have mentioned, it might be regional, it definitely sounds like i'd be adding it to the 'worst' list too from what you said!

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i'm sure you'll be the cool mom now! it's cool kid language apparently!

Karen likes this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh my gosh! Everything is "Derp" around her. Apparently, it's a big slang word at the elementary. I have no idea where that one came from!

bellbird likes this.
  5. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm a "Derp" fan! And my kids are always saying "sus," though I thought it was both Suspicious and suspect... :giggle. Oh, another they use is "Poggers," which is more - nice, cool, good work!

I use "Feeb" as my go to... sorta means idiot. That, or I use my go to - turd.

Just Sayin' gets on my nerves. No clue why. I think I roll my eyes when I see/read it. It's been so poplular, ugh! :giggle Unfortunately, I can't be going around telling people what to do, how to talk, and such! Ha!

keepscrappin and bellbird like this.
  6. bestcee

It drives me nuts because it's usually my sister being flat out rude, and then adding "Just Sayin" like it excuses her. :rolleyes::bat

keepscrappin, bellbird and jk703 like this.
  7. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I confess to using "Just sayin'" a LOT. Although now that I see it written out here, it is rather annoying ...

bellbird likes this.
  8. jk703

Yes, this is a good reasoning that I can relate to... and I think sometimes people will add a last "LOL" to texts... when they really do mean what they said, but want a jokey feeling in their texts. As in, "...she really shouldn't wear that purple top, lol!" But, it's really not funny. At the same time, I've done this... cause I try to be super truthful about my feelings, and I've added an lol at the end of some borderline harsh texts.

@mrs2a50 I've said it a bunch too... :giggle so I've even annoyed myself.

bellbird and bestcee like this.
  9. bestcee

@mrs2a50 @jk703 Yep. I've said it too. It's one I try to be conscious of and not use (since I noticed how my sister uses it), but it's a bad habit to break.

And totally Jenn! I'm guilty of the text LOL at the end.

bellbird and jk703 like this.
  10. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Calling anyone an idiot is out of bound to me, if you disagree- then just disagree. Have heard a LOT of hate speech the past year- from all around. One of my goals for 2021 is to avoid that!

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

That is a wonderful goal!

AJK likes this.
  12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Never heard this one - i don't think if I heard it without your meaning that I'd take it as a good thing! My brain that likes to smoosh words together can only extend poggers to come up with 'putrid joggers' so I'm picturing the old pair of sneakers half covered in mud mostly used for gardening or the way sneakers come home from camp or from a rainy soccer match :shrug

jk703 likes this.
  13. jk703

Haha! I saw the picture of what it was... it was a frog thing. It’s like a bugged out frog, whose eyes stick out. So my mind goes to pollywog. I’ll see if I can find you a picture! :giggle

the pic is above... I can’t figure out how to lower it on my phone...edited... I think I moved it?!
    E8AB58D7-7FFF-47AC-AB73-E8D4DE45D34F.jpeg

bellbird, keepscrappin and Karen like this.
  14. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I'm actually tired of the phrase, "stay safe." I get it. But in all honesty we can't control our safety all of the time. There is always risk involved in what we do. We have to determine if the risk is worth the reward...and this applies before the virus. I just hear it or see it ALL the time now.

15. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I don’t like “new normal”. There’s nothing normal about it and I don’t want it to become normal so don’t call it normal. Can you tell I don’t like change. :giggle

I also don’t like social distancing. It’s physical distancing.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  16. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

my biggest pet peeve is when they call someone a Karen thinking it’s funny, but really it’s an insult. It’s just hateful and rude and just like a racial slur in my opinion!

bellbird likes this.
  17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I was going to say the whole Karen thing too. I feel sorta bad for all the Karens in the world.

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yeah... It's been a great year for my name. :rofl What's worse is my youngest son thinks it's funny to say "don't be a Karen mom" :giggle He thinks he's SOooooo funny. :eyeroll

bellbird and Memaw2Wm like this.
  19. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Personally I am tired of hearing my 15 y.o. grandson refer to his friends as "dude" or "bro" while playing video games ... it drives me nuts. "Bro, bro, BRO ... whatcha doing Bro???" "BROOOOOOO you shot me." and so forth. Bro is his favorite right now, 6 months ago it was dude.

Thankfully, we have apparently solved the "I'm lagging!!!" scream of frustration discovering that we can connect his xbox directly to the WiFi router/modem via an Ethernet cable so it's hardwired vs. connected by WiFi.

20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm sorry but that made me actually laugh! just don't tell your son, wouldn't want to reinforce his behaviour but yeah I feel bad for Karen's everywhere. My SIL is a Sharon, it's so close & so arbitrary but she said at Xmas she's been extra careful pronouncing her name this year