wild life | Pad Patter 22 May

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, May 22, 2020.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Some of these stories and those photos are amazing to me! That raccoon! @gonewiththewind that is awesome to me! @HavaDrPepper I know there can be a fine line between pest and pet but my kids would adopt a visitor like that in a heartbeat! (OMG! @AJK you can keep yours!)

This is a cheat because they weren't exactly running free down the street or on my doorstep but it's part of what i like about where i live, it's that there are cows & some horses (and used to be alpacas) not too far a walk away and i can see them pretty well everyday driving home (they're grazing area is steadily being built out but for now i can still enjoy them and the illusion of still living a more rural lifestyle)
    IMG202005241-cows450px.jpg

gonewiththewind and Karen like this.
  2. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

I love watching wildlife! We live in town so we don't get to see a huge variety. We mainly just get squirrels, bunnies and birds. But this beauty has to live pretty close. She is a Pileated Woodpecker! We only saw her for the first time during quarantine and it is because of her schedule. She pays her visits when we normally would be at after school activities. I'm loving that we get to see these things now. My son keeps has kept note and now knows her schedule so that we get to watch her when she comes and feasts on the bugs in our cut down tree stumps!
    upload_2020-5-31_3-8-4.png

bellbird likes this.
  3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i love that this has been a silver lining for you and that you are using the word 'schedule' with respect to a bird's activities! As someone that has birds around constantly, you are absolutely right that they have their own schedule and routines and I love that you are getting a front row seat to that now, she's gorgeous and that's an awesome photo!

meganmecrazy likes this.
  4. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

Thank you so much Justine! We love that she visits our house! She gives us a good laugh most of the time because she is a super messy eater! You'll see chunks and pieces of everything flying everywhere! :lol

bellbird likes this.
  5. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

No wild animals around here, too much concrete not enough trees!

bellbird likes this.
  6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

We live in a semi-rural area. (all around us used to be farmland and some area still is)

So ... We see some wildlife here, and compared to life in Houston, we see a lot more. So while we aren't necessarily seeing more, we are around more in order to appreciate it. :)

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

OMG... A FOX... A GORGEOUS FOX!!!!!! In my neighbor's backyard. Of course my dogs scared it and I ended up with no pics!