Why do you MOC?

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges Nine - 2021' started by mrs2a50, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Roxana

Roxana Bananas for radishes

My first MOC was in 2017 and I managed to finish it, then I continued in 2018 and 2019. Last year I got stuck right at the end, and I couldn't finish the last 3 or 4 pages and I was very disappointed :banghead.
    I participate, first of all, because I like the challenge itself. To finish 31 pages in 31 days is quite difficult to achieve, given that time is limited and it is quite difficult as in the evening, when I come tired from work to find my mojo. But in the end, the sense of accomplishment I have is indescribable.
    Also, at each MOC edition I learned a lot of new things, many techniques that I might not have discovered otherwise. In addition, many of the challenges are to create pages that I would not normally have made, they make me step out of my comfort zone and I am very proud when I manage not just to complete them, but to like them too. I think most of my favorite pages, created over time, were for MOC, because I put in the extra effort to think outside the box, and create something special compared to what I would normally create.
    In 2019 I won a Polly guest spot and I was so happy, I was very proud of this achievement, so I wouldn't mind it happening again :blush

Karen likes this.
  2. MlleTerraMoka

MlleTerraMoka Well-Known Member

I participated to MOC 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 9, and I love MOC !
    I love the challenges, the idea to discover new techniques, new designs, to get out of your comfort zone, to create everey day, be proud to succeed in the challenge when we thought it was impossible. And above all, I love the atmosphere ! To create links and exchange between us it's just great.

Karen likes this.
  3. pearkat

pearkat Well-Known Member

The first year I did it to see if I could. Fortunately we had several snow/extreme cold days from school or I wouldn't have made it. I also realized how stubborn I am when I got to a point where I couldn't NOT finish! Last year & again this year, I'm using it as a reset. I have so many pages to do. I'm always looking for motivation to cross pages off the lists. I got a lot of pages done last year until September when we went back to school in person. I needed something this year to put school behind me at the end of the day and get back to doing something for me. It's just what I needed!

A-M likes this.
  4. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Save the salmon, and the lemon butter!

I moc for the challenge. I learn so many new things every moc, and even if it’s not a new thing, I’m shown to look at stuff in a different way. I’m extremely grateful for help offered, too, one doesn’t get it offered as freely the rest of year I find. And it’s fun. I can’t do them all because of other ct commitments but I’m ok with that

5. Vrielinkie

Vrielinkie Rub-a-Dub-Dub

Because I love to do challenges and get challenged. I find myself repeating the same tricks sometimes...and with MOC I find that most of the times the challenges I dislike beforehand result in my most liked pages after completing them. So weird huh? So in short: being challenged is what I love and this is A WHOLE MONTH of challenges; what's not to love!

Also seeing everyone participating and supporting each other, giving praise....it's the best. What an amazing community! :cheer:beat

6. gailobrien

gailobrien Member

Hi. This is the first time I have seen them and started doing them on my own. I then went back to try and find the other MOC's so that I can do the challenges as well.
    I found it teaches me different techniques and makes me look at different kinds of scrapbooking and not the same style all the time.
    Is there a possibility of getting a link to the other MOC's. I have found a few, but not all

Thanks Gail

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Welcome to the most awesome digiscrap site!

The challenges have their own subforum. You can see the navigation trail near the top of the page below the gray menu bar. Here's the direct link. You could bookmark it. https://the-lilypad.com/forum/forum/moc-2021-challenges.623/

gailobrien likes this.
  8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

It is on the list of Julie's VERY long to-do list to add back some of the older MOC forums, but that won't be for quite awhile since it takes an incredible amount of time to go through all of the individual layout threads to verify the finishers and then another long process to create individual gift certificates for them too. But, it is on the list! :agree Right now the whole forum for MOC 9 (this year's) and MOC 8 are in there. Some of the challenges that had a technique to learn have also been posted in the Learning Pad too.

gailobrien likes this.
  9. Marilyn

Marilyn Well-Known Member

This is maybe my 3rd MOC...could be my 2nd, I don't know. :) I was told about this on FB and was intrigued. The decision to join has been a joy to me. I was so nervous the first year. I never made my layouts full size when I posted because I felt insecure maybe. I now feel comfortable enough to go big! I LOVE waking up every morning to a new challenge! The GC was an enticement at first, but in truth I'd willingly pay TLP to participate if that were the case. I'm not interested in a Polly position, I did it for the fun. I scrap daily for my sanity, so it's a bonus when I get told what to do! Everyone is so helpful and I love getting new ideas from the challenges and the layouts. Thanks to all for their contribution to the cause. I'll be back next year.

EHStudios and mrs2a50 like this.