Who's excited?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by klee73010, Feb 25, 2016.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Once you start your playing with this app, you might consider Wendyzine's actions that let you avoid filling up your free dropbox account with cards embellishments etc. They allow you to use these goodies with your layout ON your computer. (yes, I do testing for Wendy)

btw: I did not know that Mommyish has an action to make your own templates. Somehow I didn't see the Actions group in the store.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    klee73010 likes this.
  2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

You guys.... Er... Ladies (mostly)!
    I think I figured out my own version and workflow... Week at a time. I'm using OLBs weekly edition cards that I absolutely loved so much. I put them all in drop box. My photos automatically sync to drop box. So, on my tablet, I downloaded the pics from the week I wanted to use, and only this week's card. I edited all the photos at once in the Photoshop express app (because it was what I already had available). Then, in PL app, I collaged the photos in a 4x6, and then collaged the weekly card, and a journal card from the app (a kit I bought). Put the two on a 6x8 collage. Exported the 6x8 and the 2 4x6s. Deleted all the photos and card off my tablet. Ta da!

This is gonna work... I am going to do these on the 6x8 format, because I can print them in 4x6 photos for 17cents each, instead of 8x8s or 12x12s.
    I took the guessing game away. I know what I'm using and doing each week. Time to go back and get caught up. And I'll upload my example tomorrow, so I can properly link credits. I've eliminated all the stress out of it for myself.

The photos that need "more story" can still be scrapped in a more traditional page, or maybe some weeks have nothing or have extra. But yayayayayayay!

Eeep!!!!

scrapsandsass, sm_amber and pbrooks like this.
  3. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

Amber LaBau?

4. klee73010

yes. She has at least two that I know of, Project 52 2016 edition (probably the 2015 edition is from her, also) and "Azure" I believe.

pbrooks likes this.
  5. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

Thanks, I'm going to check them out. I love her work

6. klee73010

I am finally back with the app-created LO. I am seriously in awe of this page. That I created it in the app... that it's a "pocket page" I actually like, using those cards I bought for almost no reason. :giggle
    I'm trying to work on getting caught up now, so I can just use them all.

[​IMG]

scrapsandsass and pbrooks like this.
  7. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

Yes! She also has some paper lines coming out with Fancy Pants Designs. Girl's got it going on!

pbrooks and klee73010 like this.
  8. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Haha - thanks for the love, ladies.. :) :heartlub Yes, I did Azure, which released in 2014 and the 2016 edition of Project 52. I did not do the 2015 version, but it's super fun, so I'll take that as a compliment, too! :giggle

@klee73010 I'm so glad you've found a process that works for you! I've done 1.5 weeks of 2016 with MPM so far and aside from hating my photos am loving the process, lol.. When I have a spare moment I've got to get some things uploaded for sure! :beat

scrappyjedi, pbrooks and klee73010 like this.
  9. renee82

renee82 renee82

I have done my Disney album with it using Krista's stuff and have done my regular family albums with it the past two years. I have been working on completing last year's album and then I will either do my sister's wedding album or my vacation from last year, all the while keeping updated with this year's photo album. That being said, I do dabble with project life, but I never end up finishing. I'm already way to behind and playing catch up is so frustrating. I guess we'll see. My boys love it. More so that my scrapbook albums. Although my scrapbook and PL albums are more in depth, they like the simplicity of pictures more. I love what I've created so far and love using the app!

klee73010 likes this.
  10. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Will you be releasing any element packs to go with it? Maybe here, (hint hint) if you can do that? Like a coordinating thing? I'm so totally in love with that kit. *swoon* I am just being greedy and wanting matching ellies. :giggle

11. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

You probably have some that will work already in your stash.. While they aren't an exact match, the colors in the MPM Folio collection are very similar so you can pretty successfully match your fave TLP designers' products with the kit in the app.. ;)

12. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

Cool! I was thinking that there had to be something. :) I will definitely put those to work. :)

13. solysombra33

solysombra33 Member

Hi there,
    i was playing with Becky Higgins app on my phone cause my daughter was on my computer... then i found Amber's kits;;; so i bought one and scrapped, waiting for my computer... no that bad!!!
    I didn't dare to post it in the gallery...
    And, YES! I'm excited, cause it's the only way for me to buy digital kits... i don't have paypal and don't pay by credit card on internet by choice. So i've never been able to purchase any digital kits until now, unless i had gift coupons, playing in chalenges...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2016