Which ebook reader do you have?

Discussion in 'Reading Pad' started by sucali, Nov 3, 2012.

1. sucali

sucali sucali

Here in Germany it always takes a little bit longer till we get the new things...
    My first reader was a Sony, but I didn't like to work with Adobe Digital Editions.
    So when the Kindles were available here in Germany I bought a Kindle Keyboard 3G and I love it! Can buy and download books from everywhere. It is so easy.
    Now they announced the Kindle Paperwhite here in Germany and I preorderd one.
    (Also with 3G). Because it has the light and with the cover it doesn't weight so much.

Does anybody have a Kindle Paperwhite? Can you recommend it?
    Or is it better to buy a Kindle Fire?

2. julia

julia julia

I only use my iPad, but might invest in a lighter version of ereader in the future. I prefer my paper books, so my iPad works for the books I can't get here in Norway :)

3. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

In my house we have a NOOK color (mine before my iPad), an iPad, and a Kindle Fire. Of course I love my iPad best, but the Kindle Fire is a great alternative.

4. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I used to have the 3G keyboard and loved it a lot, but someones stole it! :(

5. karen perry

karen perry LOCK THE DOOR!

oh im having same dilemma i had sony first replaced it with the same kindle you have and then updated to the 3g paperwhite but then decided that i didnt want to pay an extra £60 for 3g so sent it back waiting on a refund and was going to reorder the wifi paperwhite but wont be here for christmas now so do i go for fire :( im worried that if i have fire ill end up on internet

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  6. amyjaz

amyjaz amyjaz

ha- a very valid concern! It does so much besides books. My hubby watches movies on it.

7. sucali

sucali sucali

But I think the Fire weights much more than the Paperwhite...is it good to hold and read?

8. karen perry

it is light i only had a quick glance and packed it up sent it back,seems to be shadows at the bottom of the screen where the light shines,and reviews on amazon mentioned this too,amy thats my concern i have an ipad,iphone and laptop to do all that on so do i really need the fire or just want it ooh i hate decisions

9. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

I have a 2nd generation Kindle and I love it!! But, I've asked for a Kindle Fire for Christmas to use for other things.

10. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I have the Kindle keyboard which I love TO BITS (perhaps a little obsessively ... don't judge me people!) but I was looking to get my daughter a Kindle for her birthday and I was checking out the new white paper one ... until I found out its not available in Australia .... typical! So she gets a keyboard like me ;)

11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have the Nook Glowlight which is the same thing as the Kindle paperwhite and I love that thing SO much. It is SO light and I can read with the lights off and it doesn't strain my eyes. I was using my iPhone to read with for over a year, but I started to notice eye strain quite a bit.

12. valeriapiemonte

valeriapiemonte valeriapiemonte

We don't have Kindle available here in Brazil yet however I have it on my iPad. Thank goodness they made it as an app for iPad!! I LOVE it!!
    [​IMG]

13. Andrea

Andrea New Member

I've got the Kindle Paperwhite 3G and I loooooove it! Before that, I had my 2nd Generation Kindle, that I basically wore out. :)

14. JenEm

JenEm Pollywog

Kissed the frog! Thanks Val! :)

15. sucali

sucali sucali

Nook is not available here in Germany, we don't have Barnes&Noble...
    With Kindle I like that I don't have to use Adobe.
    My Kindle Paperwhite shall be delivered on November 24th, I will try it and see...
    Kindle Fire would also be great...oooh it's so hard...
    3g costs a lot more compared to the Wifi Version, but I love it for vacations.

16. karen perry

Susanne I think we should have both as we can't decide

17. sucali

sucali sucali

Yes both would be great!!! The only thing why I didn't order the Kindle Fire is that it has no 3g...