where/how to start again?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by AlliJ2008, May 23, 2013.

1. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

Soooo, it has been exactly one year since I made my last digital scrapbook page (May 2012) and now I want to try again! I miss documenting for my son & keep thinking about all the places to start back. But, I think it is almost TOO much! Any suggestions on where to start? :dizzy

2. blinks14

blinks14 The wine made me do it!

Well when I'm in a rut I grab a kit that I really like and a template. And I go. I had transitioned from paper to digital last year and had a long break in between. I took a class or two and that helped as well. Check out some tutorials and learn some new techniques. Or pic a photo you really want to work with. That inspires me too.

3. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Start with the NOW. Something triggered you to be back here again, and let that trigger inspire you. Do not worry which order you are doing stuff. Just let that desire to document your son's life inspire you all your way to the computer.

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

You could always just jump in and do one of the challenges. The template challenge would be an easy one to start with. Just go find a quiet room with your computer and lock the door for an hour and jump in.

I agree though. Grab some pictures that are current that make you happy or even do a photoless page and journal a bit about the here and now. :) Can't wait to see what you come up with.

5. Katherine B

Katherine B 2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?!

What Dalis said. :yup

6. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I think a challenge is a good way to start! Or how about a page or some journaling about your last year! Just get it all on one page so you don't feel like you've fallen behind.

7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Life is too much. Too much joy, too much sadness, too much uncertainty.

Give yourself permission to revel in the 'too much' and peel back the layers to scrap abt all the little things that make up the 'too much.'

Anything you scrap is better than not scrapping at all.

Good luck, and have fun! :)

8. Roboliver

Roboliver I feel right at home at the Glitter Gulch!

Start with a page you feel passionate about or pick photos that speak to you. Don't start chronologically. You want to be inspired! That's what I did & I'm so glad to be back!

9. Dalis

So are you picking some pics? show us!

10. AlliJ2008

AlliJ2008 Downsizing!

Looooove all these great suggestions! :beat Thank you all for the ideas. I think I may try to do a page from this week, kind of like a P365 page. I have always wanted to do a Project Life book so maybe I will start that now since the motivation to scrap again is coming from wanting to save memories. If that turns out to be too ambitious then I took some pics of my son reading a chapter book & I found a couple of cute book kits in the store so I might start there. :) These ideas were exactly what I needed to get past the overwhelming feeling of where to start!

11. Dalis

I think PL is a great choice to start. Plus don't feel you need to commit to PL, I have seen albums mixed of PL and other stuff and it looks awesome!

12. asouthernladysramblings

asouthernladysramblings New Member

I took a long break as well and I just started with current pictures and I am now working my way backwards to create more pages. I am creating pages to use in a "yearbook" for my girls. I really like that I can create it once and then make books over and over again.

13. Dalis

oh Katie, that is a great idea!

14. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

Hi Alli! :wave Ditto on letting yourself get inspired by the challenges, and not worry about having to be caught up. Just document what you feel like documenting the most!

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I have to agree...PL and/or challenges are a great way to motivate you and give you some direction. I find PL is so liberating b/c I only use my camera phone. I document the everyday moments and use templates that I insert the instagram photos into along with a bit of journaling and embellishments. Challenges are great for giving you a jump start for your creativity.

16. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I just figure ---------go shopping! ♥

17. Pallavi01

Pallavi01 You have that sharp, useless look about you

Totally with Anne on this :) go shopping and drool on the designs...look at the CT pages... Will get your creative juices flowing :)

18. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Start with your favorite photograph. If you don't know what to do with it, yup, check out challenges at your favorite websites. Or, just write down the story of that photograph (doesn't have to be a perfect image, btw, just one YOU like). Then, start writing!