Where do you keep a personal gallery online?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by twomoredays, Oct 6, 2016.

1. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

So, I used to keep all my layouts on flickr, but I kind of think flickr is going to be killed off pretty soon these days, so I was wondering, other than loading your layouts to the gallery here, do you keep a personal gallery on any other photo sharing sites?

Honestly, probably like 90% of my pages are here at The Lilypad, but I do scrap with other designers from time to time, including some who are retired, and it would be nice to have a whole gallery somewhere to share. Maybe google photos? Where do people share layouts these days?

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I share in a number of places, but I don't know why. My absolute most complete gallery is Pinterest... once I save a layout to a forum gallery, it gets Pinned to a board I have called "My Gallery". The only layouts I have made that are not currently in that gallery are ones I've made in the PL app, because I don't usually save those to any gallery from which to Pin.

I actually really like Flickr for its ease of uploading process... I use that mainly for CT work. I upload to flickr, then use that to provide my layouts to my designer teams. It's also super easy to share to Instagram from there, which I discovered during DSD. I am thinking I will actually move to doing that more regularly, rather than facebook. I always feel like I flood my my facebook with scrapbooking, and no one even looks (my friends scroll past it because they are tired of seeing it. :giggle). I think i want my facebook to go back to being staying in touch with family and friends, and not so much scrap pages.... idk.

sorry. some rambling.
    I load to forum galleries, Pin to pinterest. Upload layouts to Flickr for CT groups. share occasionally on IG. There are a few open forum/galleries I also post to.

3. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Pinterest. So easy, peasy. BAM click click done. too easy

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

Yep Pinterest for me too, although my gallery at Scrapbook.com is pretty comprehensive of my CT work and anything I uploaded at Two Peas over the years (I did the automatic gallery transfer they offered by Two Peas shut down). Those go WAY back to not long after I started paper scrapbooking.

I am pretty lax at uploading my pages anywhere other than the store gallery unless it is for CT work. I really should get everything put somewhere for completeness though.

5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

to bad part of our gallery could hold our personel pages, like if someway to have it, so not flooded with offsite ct work. I would love to see everylay out i made in one place, and not public like on social media.

like a personel gallery, by year, and say 2016, can't be added to until 2017, that would stop the non site members from hop post and leave situation

also give us time to plan in what order the gallery will look like

@lmccandless is that something that is at all possible?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Lindzee likes this.
  6. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I keep all my stuffs here and I have a copy of everything in its large format on my HD (backed up regularly) so I can admire them whenever I like :giggle

bellbird likes this.
  7. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I use SmugMug. It's a pay site, with unlimited space for $60 a year (there is a basic account that, I think, runs about $36 a year). It ends up being worth it in my opinion as I upload pictures, full size layouts, web size layouts, tutorial images, and other random images. It's easy to upload, share and organize, so it's my go to. I've been using it since 2011 (except for 3 months of photos that I lost when my computer crashed!)

I think the biggest reason that I'm such a fan was from the experiences I've had so far.

I accidentally deleted a whole year's worth of images. A couple days later I was freaking out, and realized what I had done. I contacted customer support as a slim hope, and not expecting anything. In a matter of minutes, I had the WHOLE YEAR back! It was a blur because I was so happy... but I don't think they delete items that are deleted right away. I was so lucky.

I had issues uploading into the site - the only time I've ever had issues with the site actually. I didn't know what was going on, and asked a question on FB, not knowing if I was the only person having issues or if a site-wide issue was going on. Within minutes, I had a direct answer and a link to check the site status.

For scrapping only... Flickr, and Pinterest have most of my layouts...

bellbird and enjoyyourpix like this.
  8. knclark

knclark Chocolate snob

Like the others - I save my favorites to a board on Pinterest - so they are easy to find and share as needed - I either pin directly from a gallery - or upload it from my computer and then credit the source and gallery/store.
    Typically, I post in the galleries just for challenges and CT responsibilities. I usually only share on FB scrapbook sites for CT, but there are times when I do post a LO to my personal timeline to share with family/friends.

9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@twomoredays

I have used a blog since I started scrapping. It's nothing more than a gallery of my layouts (and lately my process videos). Sometimes I write things to go along with the layouts and sometimes I don't. Anyway, I love that everything is there from way back in the beginning. My family knows it is there and can go and peruse it when they feel like it.

I started my blog in November 2007, after beginning digital scrapbooking in August of that same year. I love that this is what my opening welcome post says:

Welcome! I have recently become OBSESSED with digital scrapbooking (my husband says VERY obsessed). I want to share my digital scrapbook creations and my favorite things in the digital scrapbooking world. Here we go!
    My Carefully Crafted Story

Anyway, it's just something to consider. A blog, I mean.

I have also used, for the same amount of time, DigiShopTalk. I have 3,162 layouts there!!!

I also use Flickr, Pinterest and have a gallery at Scrapbook.com . . . which has all my layouts I posted at TwoPeas before it closed.

Wow. Ramble much, Cheryl? LOL Hope it sparks some ideas for you to find places to share and store your layouts!

bellbird, JillW, Crystal A and 4 others like this.
  10. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

I second @jk703. I'm using Smug Mug. I have it locked down pretty tight privacy wise so you can't just go find it. Every now and again I'll upload my CT layouts to it, but mainly I use it to post full size photos of my daughter and her friends. When I have my full size jpg for a photo box/album ready, I archive them there too. I'm paying for the cheapest level and it works great.

All the cheer photos I take for the team are hosted on a separate smug mug acct. I collect a couple bucks from the senior families each year and that pays for the subscription.

11. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I've been loading all my pages at SmugMug for about 5 yrs.

12. NSmil3Anna

NSmil3Anna New Member

I generally upload all mine to DST but also on Pinterest - Im same with other posters I wonder if my friends on facebook and instagram get tired of seeing all the pages all the time :D

klee73010 likes this.
  13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Me four!!! :D

I have been using Smugmug to back up ALL of my photos and scrapbook pages since 2008. I'm a devoted customer for life! It's one of my back up methods along with Backblaze. I have a lot of private galleries of photos no one can see except my mom and husband and siblings because I invited them. And I use it as my homepage, with a blog linked to it. You can see my scrapbook galleries here.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  14. michelepixels

kimingvtx and enjoyyourpix like this.
  15. Lindzee

Lindzee Aging gracefully

only here, pinterest and on my own drive and cloud.

16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My most complete online gallery was at MSA, but they closed, so now my most complete gallery is here. It's the only place I go anyway, so I guess that's fitting. I also upload all my full sized layouts to Shutterfly so I can print my books. You can share on Shutterfly too, but I really don't because nobody I know in real life actually want to see ALL my layouts, unless I print them in books, and even then I think I'm the only one who looks at them. :huh

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  17. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I have layouts in three Scrapbook galleries including TLP. I can understand why no one wants to pay to host a totally open gallery without making money somehow but I just wish one were there. I had been putting mine also on Flickr but I fell by the wayside a couple years ago. I do have an account at DST which I never used. Might be time!

What I do know is that I want to get more of my own photos downloaded from Flickr and have an app to do that but once again, it's time consuming boring work. I can't do too much of that kind of thing without wanting to do something that is more interesting...like scrapping!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  18. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

My most complete gallery is Scrapbook.com as they were able to pull all my layouts from 2peas when they closed. There are layouts there starting from 2007. It is a lot of fun when you have a gallery that goes way back as you see your layouts as a whole and how you changed through the years.

Pintrest is also a great place!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  19. michelepixels

Reading this thread has prompted me to visit the digiscrap site where I spent most of my digiscrap forum time from 2007 until around 2010. That would be the gallery that shows all my oldest pages. They don't show at my personal website anymore (though someday I may redesign my website to include some of them).

I'd like to share my old gallery but it would mean linking to another digiscrap site. And that's a no-no, right? It's okay to at least name them, though? It's Scrapgirls and my username there is Reminiscing. Yes, so long ago it predates my invention of the username I use everywhere else, michelepixels! :D

20. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I also use SmugMug and love it although I don't have everything saved there yet.