When working on your PL pages....

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by renee82, Mar 19, 2014.

1. renee82

renee82 renee82

Do you feel like you hate the way it looks and wonder if you're going to like the final draft? I always feel like that when I'm creating but I always end up loving how it looks... is anyone else like this?

2. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm all over the board. I have ones that I'm not sure about that I end up loving in the end. I have ones, like my week 11 that I'm getting ready to post, that I totally loved until I had to find a background paper and couldn't ever find one I loved with my photos and cards I had used (I still love the pages, I'm just still looking for the perfect background paper). And I have ones that I don't like when I'm putting them together and still don't end in the end, but I call them "done" and just move on (my week 10 was like that).

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  3. heathergw

heathergw Singing in the Neil mobile

this is totally me too... sometimes I just have to say "it's done" and the stories are told and that's all that matters even if I don't really like the look of it.

4. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

me too. there are some i love, some i'm not sure about, and some i just have to leave alone and move on. usually if i don't like it as i'm going, i'll junk it and start over.

5. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

yes!! Usually, about the time I've loaded all my photos, I hate everything about it and want to close it and start over! Some how, the background stuff I pick out at the beginning is never the stuff I end up with!

6. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

I'm all over the board, too! Sometimes the ones I'm not liking early on are the ones I put the most time and effort into trying to improve, and then they end up being ones I love. But sometimes I don't love one and just move on.

Most weeks I have too many photos and too much journaling; the 1 thing I can predict is that the lighter weeks with more room for embellishment are almost always among my faves. But since my main scrapping goal is to preserve memories, I just live with the busyness and simplify my non-PL pages.

7. Nixenkind

Nixenkind Dreaming of boiling in Brisbane.

Same here! I always finish the pages, because I hate doing stuff over, but there are some I like a lot more than the others. In the end, I put it off as for documentation sake... the bad days belong to me, too.

8. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Weirdos. I love all my pages. :giggle

9. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

10. Ink and Pixels

Ink and Pixels Active Member

^^ this. :) I've realized I'm always happy to look at pages years later and can appreciate that they are done and tell the stories even if they are not my favorite. I usually end up liking them more when I go back to look at them.

11. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I just keep adding more stuff...

12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

:D

13. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Yeah... but even then I sometimes don't love it. Still trying to find my PL "style" I guess, but in the end no matter what I'm glad I'm doing it and telling the stories.

14. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

I find myself very frustrated when I don't love the pictures. I'm assuming everyone has those pics that aren't fabulous but they document the moment. My preference would be that all the pics color coordinate and are perfectly focused, etc. but that's not really "real" life. For me anyway. So I try hard to keep in mind that the point of my PL pages are to document. With that said, I'm about 6 weeks behind mostly because they are winter months and I hate all the photos. :)

15. renee82

renee82 renee82

I've got a lot of photos in the snow... I'm sooooo over winter and I think that's also a reason that I'm two weeks behind. I can only comment on the longest winter ever so many times.. *sigh*

16. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

I have been playing with style and colors, etc... and find that the pages I love the best are the ones with lots of colors (for me personally). That way I don't have to stress about the photos "matching" at all, hehe. And yep, I'll admit that it's nice to have color everywhere outside as well. Sorry for those of you still in the snow. That is redunculous :)