When a LO is missing something....

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by blinks14, Feb 7, 2013.

1. blinks14

blinks14 The wine made me do it!

what do you do? I think most people save it and then come back. But I find myself getting frustrated and then not returning to the LO. I am working on this LO where I am trying to draw focus to the photo. I just cannot seem to get it right. What do you all do?

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I go thru galleries and see if something stands out! HOW can I get my brain to see what my heart wants to show up on this page? Sometimes the page feels like I have all the right things on it, but no glue to bring it all together..kwim?
    So I love brackets like arms to hold it, or a big ol' rubber band across it!! but it has to be right. It is frustrating, but I will leave that baby opened on my screen til I feel it!

3. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

I'm a saver then returner :) It will bug the heck out of me until I finish it though so I normally go and do something else, grab a coffee and then come back when my mind is fresher .... normally it comes together then :)

4. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

This sounds weird... but sometimes I zoom way out look at it thumbnail size, try to figure out what catches my eye immediately, and what doesn't. It helps me figure out what I might need to add or delete. And sometimes even just taking a 5 or 10 minute break will give me fresh eyes when I go back to it.

5. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

This is me as well, I'll either take a break or sleep on it....when I come back to it I can usually look at everything in a fresh light and I think that helps me immensely.

6. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

That's such a good idea. I never would have thought to look at it in that perspective to figure out what isn't working for me.

7. blinks14

blinks14 The wine made me do it!

Thanks for the zooming out tip! Very helpful.

8. amandac

ohhh I love the zooming tip Lynnette! Thanks!!!

9. talivstouwe

talivstouwe Am I really that rotten? I can't remember. I'm s

This is perfect! Genius tip.

10. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

when my page is missing something I PM one of my scrappy friends and ask them what's missing! It ALWAYS work!

11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

usually Dalis just wants a current photo of me, and then voila her page is all better:rofl

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  12. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

:rofl
    that brought me back to the very first photo I ever saw of you...maybe in 2010? a LO where you are weilding a HUGE knife to some kind of meat loaf in a very weird kitchen setting ...
    I luff ya.
    With neing stucked with a page, most of the time it depends on the amount of frustration , so I would leave it, but 10 minutes does not work with me...I do the zooming out always before saving (I dont scrap in PS or PSE) but sometimes am so obssesed...I would start a completely different page ,after having changed everything possible, gone through my stash to find the right paper or elements. I realised that in some kind of kits, the lack of an element like kleaves can make a huge difference...
    My daughter has a great eye too, so if she is around, I ask her...

13. amandac

:rofl @ Anne

14. Kristi8004

Kristi8004 Don't be messin' with my silkies

:compcoffee
    OMG! Anne, you are Hilarious!!

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I do this too! :) It really helps!

16. Dalis

LOL!!! Anne, you are awesome!

17. Dalis

Instead of zooming out I use the Navigator window in CS even PSE has it. It's a tiny window with your workplace in miniature.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  18. Damayanti

Damayanti Don't make me laugh ...

Me too!!!! Four eyes see more than two always :giggle

19. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

I have a mantra I put on repeat in my head: finish the page, it can be changed later. I rarely leave a page unfinished. If I do, I rarely go back to it. If something isn't right, I move things around or add stuff or get a different photo.

20. nun69

nun69 Active Member

yep, this is me exactly...simply because I know I will NEVER go back to a LO except to maybe fix mispelled journaling and even now I am not doing that :) I figure it is part of me and oh well.....