what's shakin bacon

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by la, Mar 25, 2013.

1. la

la A closet sap

what's shakin bacon

:flirty

I feel like i'm finally getting into a good routine and settled. THANK GOODNESS I HATE FEELING LIKE IM SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL.

aside from the laundry situation.. i think i've got this bigger house + added person who eats enough to feed an army thing down (I haven't lived with another adult in about 6? years.. feeding a kid + me is way different than feeding a man :p ) laundry and i are not getting along. how is it possible that i have to do like 6 batches of laundry every other day? WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING. there's only 3 of us. are you using 8 towels a shower? you're all fired.

*ah that feels better*

LOL

so how are YOU. are you awesome today?

2. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

8 towels seems a bit obsessive! bhahahah and are the other two people in the whole able to walk to the laundry room? Cause if they are, uhm well, teach them the buttons! buy enough under clothes for a week plus an extra and give them a day to do their laundry and let them have a nifty keen-0 basket!
    It is sooooooooooooooooooooo easy to put clothes (clean and dirty) in a basket when someone else is doing the laundry.

and hey, I am feeling rather awesome today, not sucky at all! woo hoo do you need me??? anne stop the blantant begging in public, I warned you.
    I know, but she loved my last page and I was so needy
    you are needy, she doesn't need another basket case on her team
    hey now, I have seen her team, they are unique!

and may your day be lovely too!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  3. la

la A closet sap

hahaha i totally just giggled reading your post ^__^ thank you for that lol

the other two..................... very clearly do not know how to run the washing machine. i need to have a talk with them :p

4. Angie4b1g

Angie4b1g A hundred jobs but Bob Villa ain't one

Snow day today so pretty much I'm getting nothing done because my house is in complete chaos and I might cry soon.

5. lkane12673

lkane12673 I used to like 8th graders until they gave me grey

First day of "Spring" break here. It's farking cold outside and I'm not sure these boys will survive the week. Other than that it was nice to not have to wake up and rush around getting them out the door for school!

6. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Same here....I'll bring the vodka (did you know they make twizzler flavored vodka now...omg) Angie and we can cry together!

Glad you are getting settled La! Sorry about the laundry...I know all too well about that

Anne-glad you are feeling awesome today! That's always nice to hear :)

Lisa-Enjoy your spring break! I hope it warms up for you!

7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

I am upset, really ****ed and upset! I called my OBGYN because I am having these stabbing pains, they put me on hold for 15 mins. 15 mins of listening this recording saying "You can see your doctor TODAY!", just to get an appt on APRIL 4th, that is more than a week away!

8. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Dalis, I was just thinking call the doc again, and say you will be on standby for a cancellation as soon as possible and cry hard on phone

9. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

:like:like:like

What Anne said.

:like:like:like

Or go to Urgent Care to get it taken care of, or at least get the ball rolling. Seriously, that's not acceptable when you're in pain like that.

And, La, I totally agree with Anne about the laundry, too! My daughter's been doing her own laundry for about three years now, and now my son (12) is coming up on the responsibility, too. You may work from home, but that doesn't mean you should have to do all the home chores, you know? (or at least have them learn to fold their own stuff...it's weird how single guys unlearn how to do all the things they used to do before their girlfriends/wives came along)

10. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

I actually need to learn the opposite - how to cook for me + kid. Tom has been working nights for over two years now and I've basically given up on cooking entirely. This past weekend I was buying Lean Cuisines at Target and he raised an eyebrow at me and I was all "I think I've proven that I *can* cook, okay? It's time to stop pretending that I'm going to do it."

Nicholas and I eat a lot of sandwiches and take-out at this point. It's pretty sad. Then on the days he's with his dad I eat whatever happens to be around that's halfway edible - which sometimes is, like, a bowl of cereal and a piece of string cheese.

I'm living like a bachelor around here. It's a slippery slope straight to ramen!

11. lauracw

lauracw Gets a funky high on yellow sun

I'm with you, Peppermint! My hubby works thirds and most of the time I'm cooking for me and two picky small children, it's so much easier to let them eat sandwiches and oranges than cook a whole meal that nobody but me wants to eat!

Our laundry feels never ending too.

But yay!! for settling in!!

12. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Glad you are starting to feel settled...unfortunately the laundry probably won't get better any time soon! I am getting to that happy spot too finally - amazing how unsettling it is to be unsettled...isn't it?!

13. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

glad you are getting all settled La :) *grinning about the laundry and Anne's blatant begging*

14. lingovise

lingovise Member

feeling settled is the best! so that is great, La ♥ the laundry routine however is not. i do a load a day and still can't manage to keep up. and while my man can & does help out, i actually try to keep his "help" to a minimum during the week. turns out my guy's laundry skills are like his kitchen skills. he's an absolute amazing cook... BUT uses 6 pans to prepare a meal and clean up takes at least an hour. oddly enough laundry is somehow the same for him ... i always look at the laundry room after he's "helped" and am like wtf dude o_O

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Glad you're getting settled in La! When you figure out how men/boys can use so much laundry let me know. Mine are awful about that too! I actually had to teach my hubby that it is okay to wear a sweater or pair of pants twice or more before you throw it down the laundry chute. He was the worst of all of them. Plus he'd work out twice somedays and have two sets of smelly gym clothes too. Ugh. But, I really don't like when he helps with the laundry because I finally have a system that works and I don't want him making a mess of things! LOL!

16. newfiemountiewife

newfiemountiewife Duck Face

My girls are horrible for putting clothes in the hamper after they've had it on for like 10 seconds. It drives me nuts!

I am loving having you around again all the time!

I am not having a good day, but I won't elaborate only to say ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! :badmood

17. joelsgirl

joelsgirl joelsgirl

Some days I declare, LISTEN PEOPLE, if you need to change clothes today, you do it at your own risk. I will only be washing ONE pair of clothes per person. And if you get your towel dirty while drying off your clean body, that is YOUR problem.

Once people start doing their own laundry, they realize clothes aren't as dirty as they initially thought.

And I'm having a fabulous week. We went to the beach with my parents, and I was SO. STRESSED. trying to pick the perfect beach. You'd think living on an island, it'd be easy, but it's not. We finally settled on this one:
    [​IMG]
    It was awesome, and we had a great time. Today we're going to see the Croods, to play Lazer tag and to have dinner at Outback. Friday they leave, and it will be the worst day of the year, but we're going to enjoy the good times while they last. : )

18. Peppermint

Peppermint One Little Bird

Ok, I have to confess... We don't re-use towels. At the end of the week we have two loads of towels to do, but all of us like crisp fresh towels.

19. Brandy

Brandy I love, well, everything

Well Owen eats enough to feed an army lately so I can relate there. BUT he has started wanting to help around the house so I'm encouraging this new found 'excitement' by having him do laundry lol. He'll put his own in the dryer (why he has enough to do his own loads I'm not quite sure lol), and then helps me fold and puts them away. It's working for now lol. Other than that I'm working too much to feel like I do anything other than sleep and work LOL.

20. seicajs

seicajs New Member

This is my new life mantra. I declare it so. My husband is the WORST picky eater of all time, so even though I enjoy cooking, it's pointless and frustrating, because he won't eat anything with a vegetable or fruit near it. Not even corn! Grrr...
    Sorry I went all crazy off topic, but I loved that quote so.