What's on your Christmas List? | pad patter 12.11.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Dec 11, 2018.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

[​IMG]
    My hubby wants me to make a Christmas wishlist so he and the kids can get something for me for Christmas, but I don't know what I want or need. That's where all of you come in. What's on your Christmas wishlist? BIG or small, expensive, cheap or affordable I don't care, just lay em on me, I wanna know what you're wishing for for Christmas!

I like playing games, so give me your favorite board game or card game picks. I like to watch movies, do crafts and spend time with my family. I don't love to cook, but I'm always in search of things that will make cooking easier. I do have an instant pot and crockpot, but recipes for those would be good.

No suggestion is bad, just throw em out there and I'll let my family decide.

MrsPeel likes this.
  2. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

We just bought a new range, so my wish list is small. John always gets the BEST fluffy socks for me every year. I also asked for sweats/lounge pants. And kitchen stuff is always a hit for me. I am not offended by gifts of small kitchen appliances, pots and pans, gadgets, etc.!

MrsPeel and keepscrappin like this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I have some cookbooks on my wish list. I always want long nightgowns. A new wok, a meatloaf pan, grey socks, new dishcloths, Home Depot gift card so I can buy new knobs for my kitchen cabinets.

A Sprocket printer would be fun but I am not sure I would actually use it that much. My dd would but her "big" gift is a Sock of the Month club for 6 months.

MrsPeel and keepscrappin like this.
  5. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

My son and I found the cutest metal quails at our hospital gift shop. We were there to pay a bill. I wanted them then so bad. But it was NO spend October! I collect quails, as our back desert is filled with beveys of them all the time. I feed them and keep them safe during hunting season! lol

Karen, keepscrappin and sushimommy like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

My list includes a rug and a new side table for my living room, a humidfier, some throw pillows, and a couple of Hearth and Hand things at Target.

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Me either !!! I once got a beautiful chef's knife ... a panini maker was definitely a fave one year, and I'm still waiting for a Kitchen Aid mixer!

Umm, I confess, I did my own shopping for my list at the Coach outlet on black friday, so I can't complain! The other thing I want is a pair of Gucci sunglasses I have been eyeing for over a year! That's really it. That's not asking for too much is it? :giggle

keepscrappin and mrs2a50 like this.
  8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I haven’t asked for anything for a few reasons a) family have decided we aren’t buying big presents as none of us can really afford them and b) I think at least in my grandmas case, she’s helped me enough this year - $1450 towards my travel for job interviews this year

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I want my husband to find a contractor to remodel our basement. I'll even pay for it, but vetting bids, etc .. would be the most phenomenal gift!

Karen and keepscrappin like this.
  10. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I was pretty spoiled rotten for my birthday on December 1st (I got an upgraded teal kitchen aid mixer &gift cards to go to the mall for some new clothes!) So I'm not really asking for much! The kids usually get us small gifts but that's all I need! The hubby & I agreed to not get anything for each other since we are finishing our basement right now!

Karen, jenn mccabe and keepscrappin like this.
  11. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

DH got this game for me for Christmas last year. It's a two-person game and moves quickly.
    Asmodee Jaipur https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002SAS26E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_SkieCb029K59W
    It's a trading game and you want to "sell" the most goods to earn points.

Perhaps another good gift would be an EHD? We can never have too many of those!

Are you a coffee fan? DH got me a Crema coffee subscription (well, it's for both of is us lol). It's like a Coffee of the Month club but you can personalize it so you get the kind of roast(s) you like and you can even request a specific coffee that you try and like. They're single-origin, which I appreciate. We like to try a new coffee and compare notes. A

12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

My kids are (hopefully) getting me a fluffy robe from Walmart. Since we all share a (very small) bathroom that is halfway across the house from my bedroom, it would be nice to pull on a robe going back to my room to dress (not enough room in the bathroom to do so comfortably) without having to attempt to hold a towel around myself.

I asked my parents for an Instant Pot but there is a box much too small for that under their tree already so I'm hoping they got me these, too: https://feejays.com/.

Things I would like but am not getting: another EHD, a GC to Shutterfly to use on their unlimited pages sales, a GC to Modcloth (my favorite clothing store), a round-trip ticket to see my bestie in CO.

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

For instant pot recipes, if you don't have amazons kindle unlimited, you should check that out. I got the one month free trial and have been collecting some instant pot recipes from various paleo instant pot cookbooks. I've been browsing them on my computer, then using the snipping tool to cut out the recipes to save to my HD for loading into my online storage. I like this method b/c some cookbooks have too many recipes with ingredients I don't have or want to get so I can flip thru and save the ones I like without having to buy the book. I think I'll continue with the subscription for a few months so I can keep accumulating recipes, which is less than the cost of buying one book. I think the US has a lot more choices of books than we have in Canada but still, there is a decent assortment of cookbooks to read.

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Honestly? Nothing this year. It's been one of those years where making a list hasn't been a priority. I've been buying little things here and there that I'll put under the tree, but that's it. But my hubby & I are going to a sushi making class for our anniversary this year. We figured that if we learn together that we'd actually make it! Between the two of us we should remember everything - hopefully!

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. rdjrneace

rdjrneace Following the yellow brick road on foot

Perfume is always on my wish list. Earrings or a Pandora bead for my bracelet

keepscrappin likes this.
  16. keepscrappin

I want a new rug for the family room but I'm not sure where to look for one. Where are you getting yours from?

17. keepscrappin

Yes this! I want to remodel the kitchen but I don't want to vet contractors. I've had to do it for every job we've done in the last 17 years. It's his turn to vet the contractors.

SeattleSheri likes this.
  18. keepscrappin

I'll have to go check out that game and you're right we always need another EHD. I got one last Christmas too! No coffee for me, but maybe I could get my family to do a different kind of food subscription. Thanks for the ideas Sara!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Tree City likes this.
  19. keepscrappin

All great ideas... thanks!

20. keepscrappin

I'll have to check that out. I have amazon prime but haven't done the kindle unlimited. I like the idea of not having a book full of recipes I'll never use cluttering up the house. Good idea!