whatcha doin this weekend | pad patter 5.24.22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, May 24, 2022.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

[​IMG]

We'll be smokin up some ribs on the Traeger for Memorial Day, if we can find some in the store.
    [​IMG]

If not, we'll grill up some hamburgers and hotdogs and I'll make a potato salad and a dessert. We'll also visit the cemetery to decorate graves for our loved ones.

[​IMG]

2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Honestly not 100% sure. Hopefully a bit of scrapbooking but I think there will be more urgent priorities before I get to do much of that!
    [​IMG]

Possibly though I’ll be supervising with a furniture move. The actual date of the move needs to be fully confirmed as we backed out of the movers we were going to use due to bad reviews on Facebook that were consistently bad. We learnt our lesson there to do due diligence before contacting suppliers - we usually do double or triple check everything but this time we didn’t do that and almost ran into issues.
    [​IMG]

Possibly also cleaning/organising my room, it’s got to a somewhat unmanageable state while I’ve been unwell.
    [​IMG]

Ooh I forgot probably the most important task, do the online assessment for my job application. It came through as spam in my email so going to wait til I can ask the HR person at the online interview tomorrow whether it’s legit - it looks like it is but you can never be too cautious.
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I have family coming in on Friday, so I know at some point there will be a dinner at my mom's . . . I just don't know when. Other than that, after the past week's stress over health issues, I'm ready to just relax and enjoy life! My back pain has decreased, so that makes everything a little bit easier as well - so I can watch TV or read or even be at the computer without getting all cross and irritated with pain.

4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Just chilling out with my hubby.. nothing really big.

Everyone in the US, enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend.

@gonewiththewind glad your back pain has eased and things are better with the health stress. Enjoy your family time!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We will be spending a lot of the weekend just like the last few weekends... working on projects around the house to get ready for my son's graduation party in a couple of weeks. It's supposed to be nice outside on Sunday and Monday, so I'm hoping to finish my one last outdoor project of fixing some out of whack bricks in our walkway that popped out of place due to a tree root. Good times. Then indoors I need to finish putting my boys' bathroom back in order after I painted it this last weekend. Never enough hours in the day!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

[​IMG]
    Friday - driving home from family vacation in Orlando, FL
    Saturday - pick up the dog from boarding and the cake from Costco
    Sunday - church lunch/celebration for the graduates - start vacation laundry
    Monday - graduate picnic for a family friend (with cake leftovers if there are any)

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Still in my busiest season of the year, so I'll be doing some work for school. But it's also my daughter's 27th birthday on Saturday and we'll celebrate that somehow. She will probably want to go out for Japanese hibachi :)
    [​IMG]

Chance and I are celebrating his last day of school on Friday by going to see Bob's Burgers at the movie theater.
    [​IMG]

I also have to mow the lawn because right now you can't even walk through it it's so tall.
    [​IMG]

I am looking forward to having the extra day to hopefully relax a little before our last push.
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Well I now know more than I did yesterday, Saturday will most likely be doing my job assessment centre online and Sunday afternoon will be helping the moving process (didn’t have full confirmation of that until late yesterday). Sucks that it’s a weekend that doesn’t have a heap of “fun” in it but that’s the way some weekends are.

keepscrappin likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

When's your last day?
    Munchkin was out last Friday 20, and the teachers last day was Monday 23.

10. IntenseMagic

Chance's last day is this Friday the 27th, but only because he doesn't have to take any exams. We have an exam exemption policy if you have good grades and very few absences. The last day for everyone else is next Friday, June 3. I have to go back for one day on the 6th...a Monday...so stupid lol. I would have rather just gone to school on Memorial Day and gotten it over with.

bestcee likes this.
  11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Friends over on Friday night. Hubby has a workday at church on Saturday. The rest of us will probably do some yard work around the house & random house projects that the kids and I can do. Sunday will be church and relaxing. Monday...maybe a grill out at my brother's house.

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My daughter has a tourney this Saturday & Sunday- thankfully sorta local- so we are "homing" at the lakehouse where we'll bbq & hang out & wish it was warm... forecast is rain.. :(

BevG and keepscrappin like this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Our teachers had a half day on Monday. Luckily, the principal said they could do whatever times they wanted (I heard the teachers talking about it and trying to plan sleeping in but not being there all day :giggle )

My Elementary brother has to go for 2 hours on Friday. My mom already said she isn't sending him. My high school brother - the school had to have report cards finished last Friday, so they haven't even taken attendance this week. He hasn't bothered going. Schools seem to do weird things at the end of the year.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. meganmecrazy

meganmecrazy Caution: Randomly Breaks Out into Show tunes

Dance competition weekend for us
    [​IMG]
    and we have a birthday party for my niece
    [​IMG]

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My son is in town from Cali. His dad, stepmom, and half-sister wanted to get together, but they couldn't figure out when/where, so I suggested they (5 total with the sister's kids) just come to my house. So Friday night my son is cooking burgers, dogs and brats on the grill and we'll have a bunch of sides.

There's a 50% chance of rain, so I hope that holds off.

Otherwise it's just the usual laundry and chores. If the rain holds off, I need to mow the grass.

[​IMG]

16. tanteva

tanteva Even the professionals are bewildered

17. IntenseMagic

Oh yes!!! This, too!! I will definitely be squeezing this in!!

tanteva and keepscrappin like this.
  18. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

We're going to visit my family in New York and Connecticut. Today was my senior's last day of HS, and he graduates next week! The younger 2 still have a few more weeks of school.

Today was my last day with kids at school, and next week will be the last week for teachers. It's the end of an era--I've been part of this preschool as a parent and then a teacher since my HS senior first started attending it when he was less than 3. Next year I'm not going to have my own class and will just sub so I have more flexibility for grad school.

BevG, Memaw2Wm and keepscrappin like this.
  19. keepscrappin

[​IMG]

Wow you're a busy gal! I got tired just reading this. :giggle
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  20. keepscrappin

Congrats to the grad!
    [​IMG]