What would you do?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by tkradtke, Oct 23, 2014.

1. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

So, something I decided to add to my PL pages this year was a shot of my kids standing in (basically) the same spot each month (idea from pinterest!). So far so good, I've only missed one month, which actually works out okay because then I can use two of the 6 - 4x6 templates for my 11 photos (provided I remember Nov and Dec) and still have a spot for a title card. Oh... I missed a step, I'm adding them to my PL pages throughout the year, but I also wanted to add a spread to the end of my book of all of the photos in order to really see the changes in the area and the kids month by month.

Today I decided to start laying out my photos for my spread. I went on auto pilot and added them in order on page one and then continued to page two...

[​IMG]

But now I'm wondering if I should go straight across with my months instead of snaking around. What would you do? Jan - May across the top June - Dec on the bottom or snake around like it is now?

(oh... btw... I'm obsessing about this now because I have about a thousand other things I should be doing... like work on my travel album Christmas presents which you can see lurking in the background behind this project... sigh)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  2. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

Hmmm...that is a tough one. I think I might go straight across since they will be a spread.

3. mrspotts

mrspotts Could I get a planner for my planner?

Oh and this is sooooo cool Tracie! Filing this idea away in my brain to start next year!

4. Trista

Trista I'm Working On It

Okay, first I have to say that this idea rocks. Especially since the photos are taken outside and not only can you see the change in your children, but also in the weather and surroundings. So cool!!

I would place the photos straight across. Since it is a double spread I personally think the progression would be easier to see if it was all the way across rather than broken up (snaked around). Just my opinion and personal preference. :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  5. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

Another vote for across the page...and I too love that idea!

6. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Oh - so totally love this and totally stealing it! I'd say straight across as well.. :)

7. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Thanks for the help everyone! I've rearranged the photos and I do like it much better. I just had to get over my "work on page one and then move on to page two" mentality :-)

[​IMG]

I've really enjoyed taking these photos. I like including them in my pages, but I didn't see the real impact until I put them all together like this. I'm in love and I hope to continue this each year. And again... like everything else, it makes me wish I started earlier. :-/

I started out trying to take the pics on a set day each month. I took them on the first Sunday of each month. The downside of that is that my son wears the same thing to church each week and then proceeds to wear it the rest of the day. That's how he ended up dressed the same two months in a row. Now I just try to grab them when I can any time during the month and sometimes I try to take them when something special is going on (like the first day of school).

8. twomoredays

twomoredays Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

This is such a cool set of photos! I'm going to start doing this right now! You picked such a great spot, too. With the trees in the background you can really see the seasons change.

9. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

What a fun idea! I totally want to do it next year! (And I totally followed the pics in the right order when you snaked them, but now that you've done them straight across I like it much better!)

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This is SO cool! When I read your original post my eye went straight across and got confused when the seasons jumped. LOL! I love it the redone way so much better! :) Gorgeous photos too!

11. kaphelps

kaphelps CT - OLB

love this idea and am stealing it for next year - thanks for the great idea Traci - your pages look amazing either way, but I too find it easier on the eye going straight across!

12. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Love this idea!! And love the rework to take the pics across both pages. Looks fantastic!

13. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I so love this idea and totally want to try to add this to my PL next year!

14. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

This is such a great idea. Love your updated page.

[​IMG]

15. SmallMoments

SmallMoments Are you ready for some football??

kiss!

ETA: FINALLY! LOL

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014