What do you rather see.....?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by MrsPeel, Jan 2, 2020.

1. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I would much rather see a repeat than a stock photo, especially those of children. Sometimes that can be a bit creepy to me when an image of a child that's not your own/or a family member's etc is used. To me that becomes a 'product' not a scrapbook page or even art journaling.

But each of us will do what she likes and what works for her but please make sure to credit the stock photos. That's just courtesy and the law.

MrsPeel, A-M and Angela Toucan like this.
  2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I prefer photos and layouts that tell a story.

MrsPeel, A-M and HavaDrPepper like this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Personally I would rather see a repeat photo than a stock photo. First reason being the copyright. The photographer deserves the credit for their photos any place it is displayed. I know if it was my photo I would be upset unless I had given specific permission for it to be used.

Now I will admit to scrapping photos that do not belong to me. They are photos of family members that I have downloaded on Facebook. But I do not post them anywhere online. The family will get this album at some point in the future.

I have also gotten permission from a friend to use her photos in layouts of the happenings during the 50th anniversary events in town last year. She went to everything and photographed it and shared on Facebook. I also used photos from a major fire in our town that were posted by this friend and our local newspaper. I acknowledged that I got the photos from them on the actual layout. But again, none of these layouts will see the light of day on the internet.

MrsPeel, Angela Toucan and A-M like this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm a repeater. I have so many photos, but at times, my creativity wants to be let out and I choose a sunset most often! :giggle I think it's more of creative outlet at the moment, rather than recording memories. Not sure why, but the oomp is just more creative. I don't think I have ever used a stock photo, lol!

MrsPeel likes this.
  5. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

When my page is not about memory keeping but rather to just play around, have fun, trying out mixed media and what not I use stock photos and see nothing wrong with it. If people want to use stock photos for CT pages, why not. The only thing I don't like (and I agree with @cookingmylife here) is when people use kids' photos in CT pages that are clearly not their own kids. There is something creepy about it, but I don't think that this is going to be an issue with you, Cynthia :)

MrsPeel likes this.
  6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

There have been times that I have forgotten that I have already used a photo or set of photos and may scrap them again and no one has ever said anything to me about that.
    This is our hobby and we can do whatever makes us happy, so keep doing what makes you happy and don't worry about the rest.
    We love you just as you are.

MrsPeel likes this.
  7. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

ladies, first of all, apologies for the delay in getting back to you, and I will say, you have NO IDEA how much I LOVE YOU. I love that this community is drama free and that I always know I can get an honest answer to whatever I ask, and that everyone (even people who may not know me now we are on MOC) is so helpful and passionate about what we do...... :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    I am so SO happy to be able to come and discuss stuff with you guys, these past few months were exhausting and not being able to scrap much didn't help, now, let me tell you to what point my brain is completely devoid of grey cells :rofl

Yesterday I realized that we have Prime, and that at some point I got Amazon Photos, plus when the video space was full, I went and payed for a year for more video storage.... so, on a way I am SOOOOOO glad that I think I have all photos from both the External hard Drives (which are disconnected, one burnt completely, the other was about to die so I unplugged) I didn't check it all, but for what I could see, I think ALL is there....even the whole bunch of papers from the 10 years of kits .........!!!!!!! on a different side of things, I'm banging my head on the wall because I payed £108 plus the Inland Revenue wants me to pay another £40 Customs tax as I got Backblaze to send me a USB drive with the material of the EHD that died, because it would have taken me ages to download and...well, never mind, I got it LOL Good thing is, if I give it back in the end of the month, they give me a total refund and I will try to convince the Inland Revenue they CANNOT charge me for something I m sending back.... I am old and cranky, so they will maybe let me off just to stop me talking :rofl:rofl:rofl

now, on individual bases:
    :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:beat:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    You know I love you and I agree..... I just was feeling a bit reluctant because I saw I was repeating somne ohotos that I love (usually of Sarita!!! ) but also have heard some comments (not here) so I wanted to be sure...
    As a member of a Creative Team, sometimes I want to make the kit shine and I know if the photo isn;t what * feel is nice....I keep obsessing for hours, which I can't do now :( I need to properly catch up with you all, will try make a post to explain what is going on :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

Sara, I love you, witrh all my heart, girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

Oh I know about copyrights. When I use stock for art journal I usually go to Unsplash or some of those that give you free ones, but I also own 2500 images that I bought from Serif , they came free when I bought the version 2 of my program, Craft Artist Professional..... when we were tidying up the Living room cupboard, I found the CD and we just bought an external DVD drive :):heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    thanks so so much Jan!!!!!! love you!!!!! true about the photo less pages.... I was asking mainly about what to sue with templates, which sometimes you can place something in place of the photo :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

that would be an awesome challenge!!! maybe for February Random Challenge? :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

love you, all the way, with all my heart :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub even if I haven't said it much lately, I think you know!!!!!!! thank you!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

oh my sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so so much....
    we need to catch up properly, I start a hospital marathon tomorrow (a month of gazillion appointments to try sort some of my worse problems right now) , but we ll talk Tuesday most certainly!!!!!

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub thanks Sharon!!! you know I admire you so much!!! I think I can spot them too.... I do understand why some CT girls use them a lot, I personally only have used them when doing art journal that called for a photo.. but, as I mention before...sometimes when , as a CT member, I feel I have the responsibility to show the product, and I think my photos wont.... I just didn;t want people to tell me they were getting sick of seeing the same photos of Sarita in 2010 I scrap limitless LOL :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub love you!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

yes!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    oh I think I agree about the children's thing.... but still, I have seen some CT girls scrapping stock photos and know the reasons why, I understand them. I have used some stock free from copyrights for my art journal pages, but I tend to modify them, there are also some sites which say no credit necessary, but I think, I too, prefer when people tell us where stuff came from.... I tend to be obsessive (like once I read @AnneofAlamo say ....) to credit down to the staple!!!!!!!!! :giggle
    my tendency is to repeat, but, also as I said before, wanted to make sure you guys wont get sick of seeing the same photos over and over again!!!!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub you know how much I love you and how much I admire you!!!!!! you are one of the most inspiring and amazing women I have know in my entire life....... and I think I should share with the girls...
    Angela also write to me to offer photos of her family for me to scrap!!!!!
    we have to do that challenge @FarrahJobling !!!!!

So great to see you around!!!! (I haven't been around much the whole year, but I remember you because my favorite drink is Dr Pepper!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub I think I have told you this? in one of the MOCs?
    Thanks so much, I think I didn't think about the Facebook/social media thing because with all the health and other issues that we had 2019, I became a bit of a social media recluse, I used to ask my family and friends.... now I am dipping my toes on social media again, may do that too again :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    I feel so happy most of you have no problems with repeat photos.... Sarita (my daughter) said I would bore you showing her so many times in the same photo, now I can show her this thread!!!!!:giggle

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlubyou are awesome:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

I don't think I ever used a stock photo for a "straight" LO, only have used them on art journal and even so, I modify... I think what prompt me to post this was because I heard a comment (not here, elsewhere) and Sarita kept laughing at me using the same old photos of her and said you guys would get bored LOL I did say I was sure not my Jens or my Kristas/Christas!!!! :giggle:giggle:giggle:giggle love you, owe you a proper catch up!!!!! :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    I know I haven't been around much, and when around, not very communicative, but you do know I love you with all my heart, love your pages your presence, your creativity and the person you are...with all my heart!!!!!! thanks so so much !!!!!! by the way, I have your Europe templates listed to make a few pages now!!! (probably February) can you believe I still didn't use them? Thanks so so much Rikki, will catch up with you soon!!!!
    :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub

:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub you know you are one of my very special people!!!!!!!!:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub
    Thanks so so much Stefanie!!!!!!
    you are amazing at memory keeping, I think I can almost live the life of your family through your pages....!!!!!!!!! will catch up as soon as possible!!!!
    :heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub:heartlub