What are your scrapping habits? | Pad Patter 05.06.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by ArmyGrl, May 6, 2023.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Are you a morning scrapper, or night scrapper?
    I'm a whenever I can find time scrapper lol

Are you more of a traditional scrapper preserving memories and making books for generations to come, or a creative soul who simply likes to play with all the goodies to make art for art’s sake?
    I'm more of a traditional scrapper, I'd say

Do you prefer lots of clusters and depth, 2D brushes and arty, or keeping your page clean and simple?
    Oooh I love both!

If I looked at your gallery, would I see simple card-stock paper backgrounds (solid colors), lots of patterned papers, or more of a mixed media arty paper as your background?
    Mostly either plain and simple backgrounds or artsy papers. Not a lot of patterned backgrounds.

What is your favorite go-to element? For example, do you gravitate to using bows, flowers, ephemera paper bits, buttons, or brushes?
    Greenery and flowers are probably my go-tos more often than not. I also love brushes!

Alphas or no?
    Usually no.

Are templates a must for you?
    I adore templates and use them often, but I also love the process of not using them.

Do you have a favorite themed kit and no matter how many variations of it come it, you are buying it?
    Not really. I do love like everyday life kinds of kits.

Do you put lots of written journaling on your page, or more of a time and date only kind of person?
    I'm not a big journaler...more so like PL pages but not on others. I tend to use more word art or word strips.

Anything else you’d like to share about your scrapping habits?
    I love neutrals and really struggle with bright colors.

2. Mrsdudds

Mrsdudds Well-Known Member

I am a night / weekend scrapper, working full time I try to get my scrapbooking fitted in during the evenings. I find I scrap more during my annual leave and through the summer.

I am a creative soul who likes to play with all the goodies to make art, I try to be a traditional scrapper and create books. But I have yet to finish a book and print it.

I prefer a clean and simple and simple page.

Most of my backgrounds are simple card stock, I like to work with a plain white background.

Go-to element would be flowers, I love layering and create flower clusters.

I rarely work with alphas unless adding a title to my page.

I love having templates to kick start my creativity, but often I will open template and end up deleting or moving 90% of layers. So the template is nothing like it started.

I really struggle to write journalling so prefer pages with simple date stamp.

3. ArmyGrl

ArmyGrl Merlot, Cab, Chard, Reisling - all 4 food groups!

Bart loves reading about folks scrapping habits!

[​IMG]

4. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

Kisses for Bart

5. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

My scrapping habits are almost nonexistent at the moment :giggle BUT, when my life isn't running the show around here...
    I'm definitely an evening / weekend afternoon scrapper! Weekdays are just too busy, plus I work full-time, so there's that.

I much prefer to capture memories and tell stories. I think I'm too pragmatic to play around for the sake of it. If I haven't produced something 'useful' at the end of it all, it feels like I wasted my time. Maybe that's simply because this season of life doesn't offer much time to waste.

I tend to do simple with a bit of layering. I DO LOVE a fun title, though!

My gallery is full of lots of white/neutral backgrounds. However, depending on the pattern, I will definitely use a fun bold background on occasion!

YES to alphas!! 1 million %

I almost never use templates. For some reason, my brain fights against them. IDK.

For me, I think it's colors that get me... a good GREEN, and i'm sold!

I try to tell the story on my pages, so if the pictures don't do it justice, I'll definitely add writing. BUT, I also tend to love a photo-heavy layout, so there's not often room for TONS of writing.

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Are you a morning scrapper, or night scrapper? I'm more of a night scrapper usually. Mostly because that's when my family members are more likely to be off doing their own thing and don't need my constant attention. :giggle

Are you more of a traditional scrapper preserving memories and making books for generations to come, or a creative soul who simply likes to play with all the goodies to make art for art’s sake? Definitely a traditional scrapper currently. I have dabbled in art journaling type pages too, but right now I want to preserve my families memories, especially while my kids are still in the house.

Do you prefer lots of clusters and depth, 2D brushes and arty, or keeping your page clean and simple? No one would call me a clean and simple scrapper. I pile all the things on my pages and LOTS of photos please!

If I looked at your gallery, would I see simple card-stock paper backgrounds (solid colors), lots of patterned papers, or more of a mixed media arty paper as your background? I do use neutral (solid) papers for the backgrounds a lot, but everything else I like messier stuff.

What is your favorite go-to element? For example, do you gravitate to using bows, flowers, ephemera paper bits, buttons, or brushes? I LOVE little bitty things like Valorie Wibbens sprinkles. I can't seem to call a layout done until I have a scatter of smaller bits like those! I also almost always have a bit of paint on my background paper so it just the right amount of messy.

Alphas or no? Yes please.

Are templates a must for you? Definitely need my templates! Even if I mess with them, they give a starting point.

Do you have a favorite themed kit and no matter how many variations of it come it, you are buying it? Maybe not a theme, but brightly colored kits always drawn my eye.

Do you put lots of written journaling on your page, or more of a time and date only kind of person? I almost always have a date and some kind of journaling. I definitely like to write the stories on my pages.

7. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Fun questions Lisa!

Are you a morning scrapper, or night scrapper?
    any time of day

Are you more of a traditional scrapper preserving memories and making books for generations to come, or a creative soul who simply likes to play with all the goodies to make art for art’s sake?
    more traditional but a little of both

Do you prefer lots of clusters and depth, 2D brushes and arty, or keeping your page clean and simple?
    clean & simple because clusters take me waaaaaaay too long

If I looked at your gallery, would I see simple card-stock paper backgrounds (solid colors), lots of patterned papers, or more of a mixed media arty paper as your background?
    mix of simple & patterned

What is your favorite go-to element? For example, do you gravitate to using bows, flowers, ephemera paper bits, buttons, or brushes?
    word art

Alphas or no?
    yes when I'm not being lazy

Are templates a must for you?
    yes

Do you have a favorite themed kit and no matter how many variations of it come it, you are buying it?
    birthday kits are a fave

Do you put lots of written journaling on your page, or more of a time and date only kind of person?
    no writing at all