What are you working on / How's it going?

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by RebeccaH, Feb 10, 2017.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Too many things at once!! Our trip to Scandinavia (3 albums), 3 past Disneyland trips, Summer vacation albums to Yosemite and Sequoias... I'm a bit scattered when working on things. It's whatever I feel like doing at that particular time!

RebeccaH likes this.
  2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Oh, there's just SO much in here that I can relate to! First, congrats on getting your Portland album done!! That's an awesome accomplishment, any time you can get an album fully completed, no matter how big or small.
    I am also working through the mid-40s in PL 2016... but sadly, once I'm done with the 40s and 50s, I still have to go back and fill in more gaps. At least I can say that I've managed to keep up with 2017 so far! Hoping this is my year to not fall behind and lose it!

I never really did any baby albums for my kids of any sort, and I regret that a little. I wish I had done something. Perhaps I'll go back and work through those at some point, but my photos aren't even that organized at the moment... that could be quite the undertaking, so for the time being, i'll just focus on finishing what I've already started!!

klee73010 likes this.
  3. RebeccaH

This is totally me, too. I am the queen of starting projects and not finishing them. But they're not failed projects...I just haven't finished them!! :giggle all in perspective!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  4. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I don't have a clear scrappy focus at the moment. GASP.

I'm still working through the photos I pulled of my stepson and my nephew over the years. I noticed they were mostly missing from my albums once my kids arrived on the scene so I'm doing my best to 'insert' them in there when I can. I don't have a lot of photos of them and the ones I do have are from subpar cell phone cameras or FB albums so I'm doing my best without driving myself crazy trying to make the photos 'better' when they just won't be. Those photos are mostly from 2012-most of 2015, and otherwise those albums are finished enough that I could print them now if I wanted to.

My grandfather has stage 4 liver cancer again so while he's doing great now that won't always be the case. I'm working on finishing up my grandmother's birthday album + making him a separate album of pages of him. I want to get one printed by Fathers' Day and the other by his birthday in September.

I have a coupon for a free Shutterfly book that expires sometime in March that I'd like to use to finish up our vacation album from last summer & send the copy to my husband's brother & family. We went on vaca with them in 2008, and they evidently still pull the book out to look at it! This past summer was the first time we were able to vacation with them since then but I'm having trouble stretching the album out to 20 pages. I might just do some 'pretty' pages of the kids together and/or of the adults to make it fit.

Oh, and of course, there's the fact that I've been collecting stories & photos for PL 2017 but haven't actually created a page yet. I have yet to find a design that inspires me, and this time of year I always take the least amount of photos than at any other point in the year. I've been debating doing photoless PL pages (yes, really!) -- so just journal cards with cute little stories/sayings -- and then using WITL to capture all the 'everyday' photos I'd take as part of PL + my traditional year-round layouts.

See?! I've got scrap ADD.

5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

My son's aren't done yet, but my daughter's are. It did take a long time. But I had to do it fast, or I never would have decided... all my photos are by year and month. In 2012, pretty much all I took pictures of was her. There's just soooo many. I had to go through a set time, pick some, and move on. I think that's step one of Aaron's catch up process he posted on the TLP blog. Lol!

6. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I have 4 books I need to do to catch up on... then I'm basically giving up on 2017 PL.

Currently, I'm doing my 2017 Disney Solo Trip while it is fresh in my mind.
    Then I need to do my 2 2016 Disney Solo Trip books and my 2016 PL Events book.

And I have no desire to scrap right now. -.-

RebeccaH likes this.
  7. RebeccaH

My more recent photos are all stored by Year>Month>Week. But that wasn't always the case. Back in the day, before I figured out what a mess I was making for myself by doing so, I would save photos by folders of events... so 2001 Christmas; August trip to Grandma's; and so on... and then the rest of the pics from that year are just dumped in a folder in no particular order, since they didn't belong to an 'event.' I was a noob...I didn't know better, and now I'm paying for it!! :giggle

klee73010 likes this.
  8. RebeccaH

@krscraps Sometimes that just happens. I can't even tell you how many phases I've gone through over the years that I just didn't feel like scrapping. it comes and goes. But I feel ya!!

9. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

Just getting ready to start 2017 weekly. I didn't do any weekly pages during MOC5, but I'm ready to start them now. I'm hoping it won't be too hard to catch up.

RebeccaH likes this.
  10. Mrivas

Mrivas I know how to spit like a man

I'm trying to finish 2011, I'm halfway there but can't seem to get in the mood for it. Other than that I'm caught up.

RebeccaH and klee73010 like this.