What are you doing for the 4th?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by kelley, Jul 2, 2012.

1. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

If you are celebrating, that is!

We are going to the carnival nearby, then a friend of Chris' is having a BBQ party, so we'll be going to that. Then in the evening, we will go to the carnival and ride a couple rides before watching fireworks. :)

2. Ronisdragon

Ronisdragon Why can't someday be now?

We went to see fireworks and hear a band at the local park last night, Sunday. It was really fun and there were canons they shot during the 1812 overture. I dont have any plans on the fourth because DH has work.

3. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

We are going tomorrow night to see the Kaboom Town fireworks display in Addison, Tx. I was reading about it and it says it's in the Top 10 displays. Last year I mastered firework photography so I am hopeful to come away with some brilliant shots. It will all depend on where we get set up to see them, but I might have Scott scout out a spot tonight! :) Then we will find another display Wed. night to go see as well. :-) I'm excited b/c I haven't gotten to do much photography since I got to Texas.

http://www.addisontexas.net/events/kaboomtown/

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  4. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Hopefully, not much! :giggle

I'll be making a flag cake (the one with the berries on top) with Monkey. I'm going to force DH to grill out some burgers. Then Monkey and I (and maybe DH) will be going downtown for fireworks. With the drought, there is a fire ban over most of the state, so this is the only local fireworks display this year.

And sleep. I'm going to sleep!

5. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

My kids generally go to their dad's for the day. They plan to come home for burgers on the grill for dinner that night. Then, they'll go out to the town fireworks. I stay home because my dog is absolutely and completely terrified of fireworks! I mean, he will work himself into a drooling lather over them. I always stay home on the 4th and New Years because of it.

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We'll go see the fireworks down at our beach. They usually do a good display too, so I'm looking forward to that. We'll go down there a few hours early and let the boys play for awhile. We usually go with a couple other families, so we'll all just hang out. That day I'm hoping to go to the Farmer's Market downtown too. Then, we'll probably go to the beach during the afternoon. :)

7. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

Planning on going to see fireworks for the first time in about 3 years, if DH is up to it. He has to get up for work at about 3:30 on the 5th (which also happens to be his birthday) so he may decided it's not such a good idea.

8. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

The 4th of July is always a fun holiday, and sounds like you all have some traditional "4th" activities going on! We sold our house and have to be out by the 16th, so we will be moving stuff most of the day. We hope to get out to our trailer at the campground and catch the fire work display and cookout though at least!

FYI - I do hate that it falls on a Wednesday, as I have to work the next day. Guess it's been 5 years since it has been on Wednesday, and it actually has a negative effect on tourism and everything. :(

9. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

We don't have big plans for the day time...I am actually hoping to get some power scrapping in :) DH will be busy studying and then in the evening, we will meet up with friends and my in laws family for a cookout and some fireworks.

10. Karah

Karah Karah

We're going to the Dodger game with a bunch of DH's family (I think there are 32 of us going). Should be great!! They do an amazing firework show after the game, too.

11. mrsski07

mrsski07 Hot for Harlequin

It's my daughter's 4th birthday! :) We're just going to hang out at home, let her play with her gifts (we got her a "big girl" bike with training wheels that I think she'll love to try out) and have cake. Plus nachos for dinner...her request. I have to work the next day so no fireworks probably, and no parties.

12. Cristina

Cristina Handmade with love, actually

We'll go to see the fireworks tomorrow night, our town usually puts up a pretty show. Not sure if I want to bring camera+tripod.. but I guess I will! :)

13. rmcabana

rmcabana Hit me with your best shot

I am just happy that I have the day off! :) My sister and her bf might come over to grill. I'll probably head over to the waterfront at night to watch the fireworks over the Hudson River and Manhattan. It's spectacular. :)

14. tanbanan

tanbanan New Member

My daughter and I are helping with the city "Fun Run". . . so we'll be up at 5:30am, then a parade in my home town at 9:00am, brunch and waterslide at my parents' house after. . . . Triple A Baseball game and fireworks at night! A fun, full day!

15. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

hubby is working all day so the kids and i will probably just hang out. i might paint.
    in the evening we'll probably grill out. maybe have a friend or 2 over. then watch fireworks IF they do them. every one so far this season has been cancelled due to the extremely dry weather.

16. editorialdragon

editorialdragon editorialdragon

Sigh... Nothing here except feeling sorry for myself lol. Hubby has to work, and no family in the area so kids and I are stuck at home like normal. Same story every holiday this year. The only semi exciting thing I'm doing is attempting to cook spare ribs for the first time! Any good recipes?

17. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

We are not doing too much- just going to my parents house for a BBQ and my sister and her girls will be in town. We might go see the fireworks, but not too sure about that since I don't really like dealing with the crowd. People here will PARK along the interstate to see the fireworks- which I think is wayyy too crazy.

18. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

Unfortunately, we attempted to go to the Kaboom Town fireworks and it was a nightmare... we drove 6 miles in an hour and a half, got off on the exit and did a u turn to go home, got back in literally 3 minutes... that's how close we live... but they said they expected a half a million people, we decided it didn't matter how good the show was, it wasn't worth that.

19. mlewis

mlewis mlewis

I have a photoshoot first thing in the morning, then we're getting togethermwithbmynsister her family, and some friends for a cook out. No firework plans actually. We saw a big display over the weekend when we went to the Rangers game soni'm going to count that. :) hopefully I can get in some scrapping time tonight. We just got back from vacation, and I have way too many photos I need to work on!

20. stampin_rachel

stampin_rachel The Lost Spice Girl

We are going to a parade at 2, and then a cookout at 4, and hopefully will see the fireworks at dusk. It stinks that the 4th falls on a Wednesday and we have to work tomorrow!