Weight Loss New Years Resolutions?

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by Shari, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

So how many of us are going to set weight loss as a New Years Resolution again this year? I can honestly say I haven't done that in about four years because after so many failed attempts I stopped setting resolutions of any kind. I'm a realist. ;)

I will say this though I have been involved in a Healthy Living challenge since the end of this past June and have lost 52 pounds in that time. It has been a wonderful journey that I plan on continuing into the new year. I have a minimum of 25 more pounds that I would like to lose but 35 is my dream goal.

So my New Years Resolution this year will involve weight loss because I am on a roll and I don't want to lose the momentum I have gained.

How about you, are you hoping to make weight loss one of your realities for 2016?

lvancura, cfile and ~Mary like this.
  2. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

that's awesome Shari!! I don't know what I'm going to do ... but I need something!! It's not a ton, but 10 pounds would awesome!!

~Mary and Shari like this.
  3. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

Holy Smokes! Congrats, @Shari . You are totally on a roll! Where is the Healthy Living Challenge you are participating in... and does it involve magic? :giggle I know how hard it is and am proud of you.

I always have weight loss goals. Jan-Dec. And occasionally, I'll make progress... then back up... Pretty classic yo-yo.
    I now have a fitbit that is scolding me for not getting enough sleep, but really need to make some concrete goals on diet and exercise. My DH is getting all buff and all... feeling old and wanting to get in shape like he is young... so I'd better do something. Sigh.

Maybe we can do a better job at The Pad encouraging one another, since this is my online home :)

~Mary, Shari and bestcee like this.
  4. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I'm ordering my fit bit this week. My goals are not specific weight loss amounts, but I'd like to be 2 sizes smaller (down to a 10) which is a healthier size for me, and also, I have a miles goal for running, to help keep me at that for the year.

~Mary likes this.
  5. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

Yes I do have planned to go back on my healthy living plan that I had last year. I lost 12 kilos and it really wasn't that hard. Now I gained a few back and I really need to lose those and more.
    We'll be going on a 3 week family road trip (in the USA, the route is not yet set though) in the summer vacation and I want to walk around in shorts and feel good while doing it. It's kinda stupid to have a goal like that, but I also think it's gonna work for me so that's fine.
    It's not really a set weight that I want to reach or a certain clothing size, it's a good feeling that I'm looking for. I want to eat healthier and work out again.

~Mary likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I think that's a grand goal!

~Mary and Shari like this.
  7. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I need to get back on track again. Hopefully I'll be moving out soon, so I can control what comes into the house. That's the hardest part right now.

I need to lose like 60 pounds. (Not all in a year though)

Shari likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I have a gym pass this year. And my kid is big enough to stay home while Daddy is asleep (works graves). So, I'm actually making mini, monthly goals to be more specific and measurable and all those things. I'm doing more non scale victory goals focusing on healthy habits knowing that the scale will follow.
    January: Workout 3 times a week building to 4 by February 1st to create a habit! (I started this goal this week with 2 times a week).

~Mary, Shari, elseepe and 1 other person like this.
  9. Li Li Wee

Li Li Wee I create my imagination

It's my everyday goal!! LOL!! Definitely will be in my 2016 goal too... 10 kg to lose ...

Shari likes this.
  10. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I will be doing something as I've fallen back into bad eating habits the last 4-5 months and I definitely feel it. I probably won't have a specific weight loss number in mind, but will definitely be changing up my eating again, going to back to whole foods (no processed stuff), more plant based meals and getting back into my exercise groove.

I am planning on joining Cathy Zielske's FIT class (expected to open for registration today) this year and trying my hand at a hybrid approach to document the 2016 journey.

lvancura and Shari like this.
  11. elseepe

I think this is awesome, Shari!

Shari likes this.
  12. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Are there details on it anywhere? It might be helpful for me, but I dunno...

13. elseepe

I'm sure the details will be posted on her blog a little later today. She's not an exercise or diet coach, but there will be a Facebook support group, monthly inspirational/motivational videos and prompts (for lack of a better word), for you to think about your own goals and desired changes and a framework for documenting your journey.

14. dvhoward

dvhoward Don't bother me before 10am!

I need/want to lose about 25 lbs. Since retiring I've pretty much stopped running and the lack of exercise plus my sugar addiction (yeah, call it what it is) have packed on 15 extra pounds. I have a free gym membership to LA Fitness and I haven't gone in once this year (shame on me). I dropped out of Hot Yoga (hated giving up 2 1/2 hrs. out of my day that it took (travel, changing, 90 min. of yoga, showering, dressing, travel). I just need to get back to clean eating and more moving!!

Shari likes this.
  15. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I got my happy planner at Michaels for $10.59!

Attached Files:

berniek, klee73010 and bestcee like this.
  16. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

Sometimes those ten pounds are as hard to lose as fifty for us larger gals. What I'm doing is just basic life skills that everyone can live by. I'll post about it.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  17. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

I am a total yo-yo dieter and it drives me crazy. 30 pounds always seemed to be my loss limit then what ever program I was doing would end and over time I would gain back that 30 and 10 more. Well after years you can see how I became 80 pounds overweight. :( I am bound and determined NOT to do that this time around (she says as she pops another chocolate covered cinnamon bear into her mouth) Hehehe It's Christmas, I'm on a mini get healthy vacation. ;)

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  18. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

For many people it's not about the weight. I have dropped 1 to 2 sizes depending on the style and I am wearing jeggings and NOT embarrassed to be seen in them. In part it is about weight for me mainly because that is how I measure my progress. It's easy to lose a few ounces every day and see progress. It takes a little more time to realize the progress of being a dress size down.

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  19. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

Beirniek where are you from? Will this be your first visit to the U.S.?

20. Shari

Shari Well-Known Member

It is hard to have a healthy living plan if you aren't in control of the food brought in your house. At the same time it is so much easier to stay on track if someone else is buying the groceries and you don't have to see all the candy and other junk food spread throughout the stores. lol My husband was unemployed for 18 months and so did most, if not all the shopping. The first time I went grocery shopping for more than just a few things I was shocked at how much junk is in the store. I wasn't even in the candy or chip isle and I felt like the junk food was jumping out at me. It really made me more aware of how much crap we consume. I had to speed through the rest of my list and get the heck out of there. lol

enjoyyourpix likes this.