Weekly cards...

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by renee82, Jan 2, 2016.

1. renee82

renee82 renee82

What's everyone using for Thor weekly cards this year? I have used Amy Martin's the last two years. Maybe thinking of using something else? Suggestions?

2. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I have been driving myself crazy the last 4 days with this very question. Why do I feel like the weekly cards are the most important part for me? I know I definitely want something cohesive that will be the same through each week that kinda ties my whole project together. So far I think I am using these by Liz unless someone tempts me with something they post in this thread.
    [​IMG]

3. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I'm using the same ones as Amanda. I love that you can make them your own too.
    Here's my week one card:

Attached Files:

bcnatty likes this.
  4. jsutterfield4

jsutterfield4 Member

Oh y'all are not alone... I looked at the ones that are an MPM add-on (the circles) and using the stamps over photos or patterned paper. The past two years I have used stamps from Ali Edwards. I absolutely adore the ones that Little Lamb & Co has in her etsy shop, but they are specifically for 2015. I've also looked at her current ones and then ones that I found in a Google search but I am still so undecided!!!

5. gracielou

I have done a bazillion google searches too so you are not alone. I came across several that I liked but they were from previous years lol.

6. gracielou

I like what you did. I also like that they can be customized. I am customizing mine a little with dates but I think I am going to leave them pretty plain, which is super hard for me because I am all about embellishing

7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

i really really really really like the scripty ones from I don't even know who. I think they were here, in the pad shop (not sure if they still are or not), I've seen them on Aaron's PL spreads, and countless others. But... I don't even do PL. I have absolutely no need for them, but they're my favorite ones. They wouldn't work as well for my planner spreads.... so I have those ones posted above, instead...because those DO work in my planner!

You could always pick a font you love and make your own, if you really can't decide on one.

8. jsutterfield4

jsutterfield4 Member

Trust me I have thought about this

9. dennydenny

dennydenny Why can't it snow in the Bahamas?

I used these for 2015, adding the week number in the blank space but not sure for 2016 yet...

[​IMG]

10. dennydenny

dennydenny Why can't it snow in the Bahamas?

11. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

12. bcnatty

bcnatty Disney - it's all for the kids!

I will most likely be using weekly cards from Britt-ish Designs...it has a large brush script number and then the month and dates printed below...and you can customize the background to work with your layout.

Although, Amber also has some simple weekly cards that was part of her MPM Add-ons for December (I think)...now I'm split between what I want to use!!

13. renee82

renee82 renee82

I know! I can't decide! I really like having the calendar on my weekly cards... but I don't want the hassle of having to add which week we're at and so on... Amy's were perfect. lol! But I've used them the last two years. I wanted something a little different.

I really like these by Amber:
    [​IMG]
    But I also like these:

[​IMG]

Do we have a weekly stamp somewhere in the store? Or I could just pick an alpha and type in "week"... Decisions, decisions...

14. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I'm going to use All The Weeks: the calendar cards Amy Martin released just before she retired.
    I wanted cards that included the dates more then just the week number. And the weeks had to start on Monday.

15. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

The ones Farrah posted!!!! Omg, I LOVE them... i need a reason for them. :/

16. scrapsandsass

scrapsandsass Oh Ricky you're so fine ...

I have to use something that doesn't have dates so that I can maintain my commitment to always be behind and not up-to-date with the current year. :giggle

I am torn between Amber's (but I'd have to use the stamp because I have to do it as 4x6), Paislee Press's or OLB's. Sigh. So many choices. But I WILL PICK ONE this year. :) For simplification purposes.

bestcee likes this.
  17. gracielou

I have started and I'm definitely going with Liz's cards. I love how they are simple enough to pull my project together for the weeks but I can still add some me in there with embellishing.
    [​IMG]

rach3975, Toria, lorryfach and 5 others like this.
  18. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

Oh my word - I LOVE this page!!

gracielou likes this.
  19. Toria

Toria Active Member

Gracielou- how much of that is hybrid and what is digi!?! I love it. Must copy.

gracielou likes this.
  20. gracielou

The only thing I printed off are my photos and the "Week One" title card. I did add the dates to my title card in photoshop using Sara's "The When-Daters" but the gold dot washi tape and the chipboard stars, and all the other embellishments or journal cards are from my stash.

Toria likes this.