Week split between two months

Discussion in 'Project Life/365/52' started by pbrooks, Apr 1, 2016.

1. pbrooks

pbrooks I need a realtor!

The last week of March is split between March and April. What do you in this case?

2. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

I scrap all my PL on a Monday - Sunday basis and don't care where the months fall. My title card for this week will read March 28, 2016 - April 3, 2016. At the beginning/end of the year I just have a partial week (if it's close to 7 days) or put the remaining days with the adjacent week (if it's a shorter week).

Do you do a monthly PL instead of weekly? I don't see why this would be an issue? March/April isn't the first this has happened this year...what did you do the other months? Or did you start PL late this year.... ?

3. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I also do by week, regardless of months. I don't see any project pages in your gallery, so I'm not sure either what the issue is. But last year, I was using Jaimee's Storyteller by month, though the spreads were by week, so I just split the page visually, like so
    [​IMG]
    The top two rows are with the January Storyteller and the bottom row is with February. (This is just the right side of the spread. Left side is all January.)

I didn't finish the year, though, so I don't know if I would have the patience to do this every time....

4. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

I also go strictly by weeks, so sometimes my spreads have the end of one month and the beginning of the next. For example, you can see in my Week 5 it goes Jan 31 - Feb 6:

[​IMG]

I don't mind doing this because I make one big book for the whole year. The only time it throws me is at the end of the year/beginning of the next year and then I have to make a choice to either cut it off mid week, or add the end of the year to the beginning of the next. The latter is what I end up doing, but that's just personal choice.

5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I was thinking of adding a monthly divider into my weeks, to include month long themes, such as February was unusually warm the whole month.
    I couldn't really decide for sure where I want those, either, for months that start mid week.... which is a lot of them. So far, I haven't done any of those monthly things so I can see the dilemma. I have a feeling, if I decide to actually do them, they will just go in wherever I fit them. Haha. I may stick with (just before) the first full week of the month.
    For me, week 1 was Jan 4th, so Jan can go just before that. Feb first full week is technically Feb 1st, however we were on a vacation that I intend to scrap, so I'm trying to figure out if I still want to put a February divider right there.
    Since I went ahead with scrapping up through week 11, I've already got my side by side layouts together, meaning I may have to make my monthly page be a two side spread, and not sure I want that either. I may just skip it. Haha!

6. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

It's business as usual for me too, although I might add a monthly subtitle card for the new month, if I'm looking for fillers!

bestcee likes this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Yep! I don't worry about it either. I'm using Allison's Calendar cards this year, and she has the next month days on the card for the last week. I hope that makes sense!

8. pbrooks

I just decided that I want to try PL and I am starting with March. I'm not sure if I am going to do weekly or monthly, I thought I needed to start so I wouldn't feel overwhelmed at the end of the month and I've had enough to fill two weeks. I know I won't alway have a lot because we don't have kids.

9. pbrooks

I like what you did, I think this would work really well for me. I know I won't always have enough to fill a page.

10. pbrooks

Thanks for the info. I will keep that in mind. Hopefully I will make it through the end of the year.

11. pbrooks

Thanks Courtney and Nancy for your help. I will be posting fairly soon. There is so much to think about besides what is going in the layouts--what papers, jc, elements to use and whether to use the same kit or not.

Right now I think I will use what I enjoy and not worry about consistency.

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This is me. For this project, the only consistency I have this year is the same month card. Previous years may have no consistency at all except they are digital! And I still love all the details captured.

pbrooks likes this.
  13. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I scrap weekly too and I don't really care about the months because of that. I do use a week card with that months calendar on every weeks double page. I use Amy Martin calendar cards. And those cards come with a week number and then the calendar of that month. If you see below there are two week 14 cards because it has the last days of March in it but also the first days of April. I decide which card to use by looking which month has more days belonging to it. In this case there are 4 March days vs 3 April days so I will use the March card. Does that make sense? And does it help in any way?
    alb_alltheweeks_week14_2016.jpg alb_alltheweeks_week14a_2016.jpg

14. pbrooks

Those are such cute cards, thank you so much for showing them to me. I really like your idea.

15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I mentally fuss for a while and then often just use two cards - one saying Week whatever, and the other one showing whatever month seems to dominate. Or I just ignore the issue! ;)

pbrooks likes this.