Water Bottle Flipping?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Oct 22, 2016.

1. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Ha ha - so I asked and yes it is a thing. So they had to show me and then I tried and then we decided if we continued the poor water bottle was going to bust open. It is kind of challenging if you haven't tried, but about 5 tries was enough for me.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Driving me nuts in our house... but the worst is that it has translated to other objects! I had to tell the boys to STOP with the big thermoses that we have for soccer. Thud, Thud, Thud.... STOP! You break it, you buy it (a new one, lol!)

enjoyyourpix and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I've seen other teachers posting about it on FB, lamenting it, but I don't know if Daniel even knows about (thank goodness, and **I'm** not gonna be the one to tell him) and Olivia hasn't said anything about it. Perhaps this craze will pass us by.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I am so thankful that this is one craze that does not seem to have made it over to Africa yet.
    I hate these kinds of noises so for me it's just as well.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  5. StarryEyedDesigns

StarryEyedDesigns My goal, is to make a goal

@IntenseMagic my kids have been driving me NUTS with this water bottle flipping thing for about 2 months now.

No bottle is safe, with my kids around. Be warned.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That's about how long mine has been doing it, too. And yes, any bottle he can get his hands on! Gatorade is one of his favorites. My friend sent me a short video of her son trying to flip the little creamer containers in a fast food restaurant lol

y_baros likes this.
  7. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

Oh my goodness. I'm not alone!?!?!? My 12 year old is driving us insane. Didn't realize it was anything more than his attempt to annoy us. Today he spent hours at a swim meet perfecting the flip to land in his cup holder of his camp chair!!! I'm ready for this craze to be over

IntenseMagic likes this.
  8. tinkerbell1112

I think it depends on when kids learn about it. My son learns it at Boy Scout camp. Then brings it home to school and then to swim practice. Swimmers bring to their schools and kids at school share with their other groups... So on and so on. Looks like you just had the pleasure of knowing sooner. Lol. How long did it last?

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. tinkerbell1112

It started as the flip and catch. Now it's the flip and land on lid or into cup holders. My son is supposed to only do it outside but did it in the van today and the darn Gatorade bottle landed onits lid on the dash while I was driving. Of course that was totally "fire". Or awesome. If I used fire right. Lol

IntenseMagic and y_baros like this.
  10. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

My son has not mentioned it so I'm assuming it hasn't reach here yet. I'm hoping it doesn't ever reach here lol

IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. StarryEyedDesigns

StarryEyedDesigns My goal, is to make a goal

@navaja77 if he has access to the internet, it'll only be a matter of time :giggle

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Ahhh yes, the trick shots lol Everywhere we go, I hear "Wait, just let me see if I can land it here"!!

tinkerbell1112 likes this.
  13. berniek

berniek I have a girl crush on the Naming Fairy

I guess your kiddo isn't as much online as I am. Haha! Which is a good sign.
    Things go so quick on the internet, what was new last week is old today. If you don't jump on it right away, you're too late. If you live on the internet, that is. Which is both a great and a sad thing.

14. lynnw

lynnw Active Member

I teach in secondary school and it's definitely a thing with my students! They generally don't dare to take their water bottles out of their bags in the classroom but I have to tell them to stop flipping their pencil cases instead, haha!

Actually I'm not too bothered by it. I find the 'dab' movement with their arms much more annoying :)

IntenseMagic and enjoyyourpix like this.
  15. Lor

Lor you've always had the power, my dear

I hadn't heard about this until it was talked about here at the Lilypad... I don't think it's going on at Emma's school; I'm gonna have to ask her.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  16. enjoyyourpix

enjoyyourpix My mama don't like you

luckily the kindergartners I was teaching weren't up on the trend. That's good because they'd probably forget to put the cap on!! LOL. For sure the high schoolers (especially boys) do it. We were at this Across the Generations bookclub for my daughter's 12th grade English class and we were all sitting around a table talking about bias and racism and the boy sitting next to me was holding his bottle and starting to swing it. I looked at him and started to laugh. I said, "You are totally going to try to flip that bottle right now, aren't you?" He looked at me sheepishly, smiled, nodded his head and put his bottle on the table. His mom just rolled her eyes at him. It was the best.

IntenseMagic and tinkerbell1112 like this.
  17. tinkerbell1112

oh no - his parent restrictions really control where he can be online :)

18. tinkerbell1112

oh, another pet peeve - the dab. let's combine the dab as a celebration of making a killer flip. LOL

19. tinkerbell1112

do so at your own risk. hahahaha

IntenseMagic likes this.
  20. tinkerbell1112

I will admit I tried it a few times at work today in an attempt to show off and be "cool" at home. epic fail. hahah

IntenseMagic likes this.