Watch your dates!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Neverland Scraps, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Neverland Scraps

Neverland Scraps Always trust, never doubt

I've been pretty good about applying the new year, 2017 to my layouts. But last night I got a message saying I included 2016 as my date on the layout! Yikes!! Make sure you when you put your date on your layouts, you are putting 2017!! After a year of typing 2016, it just becomes habit and if you are like me, you just don't think about it when dating, which is how I'm sure I missed mine! Right now, I am in the process of double-checking all my new layouts that just to make sure I didn't make another typo. But I also wanted to make sure you all watched your dates too! It would be really confusing if you printed the wrong date on the layout!!

Also I wanted to thank Courtney for pointing out my wrong date. I really do appreciate it!

2. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I checked, I did it on one page. Gah!

Neverland Scraps likes this.
  3. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I've done it on my labeling a layout a couple times now. Thankfully I save in a monthly folder so it's obvious right away but argh. No one has pointed it out on a layout yet.

4. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I know one of mine has a wrong date for MOC. Will that be a problem? I corrected my version at home, but didn't bother uploading a new web version since it was just one teeny-tiny number. :-)

5. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I haven't had a chance to upload new photos yet (I know, I'm so behind already!) so I haven't used the wrong dates....yet!

6. Neverland Scraps

Mine was for the 8 o'clock challenge, so yeah, mine mattered!! :D But for the rest of them, for the challenges, no. For your print, I think it's important. I'm thankful mine was caught. I would have been upset if it was printed wrong in my album because my kids would have picked it apart every time they looked at the album. :D

bestcee and mcurtt like this.
  7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

If it's wrong, and it matters in the challenge, you should have a PM from the host. I know Day 11 {my challenge} - the date is important, because it needs to be a new photo. :agree

8. mcurtt

I always "sign" my layouts with Marilyn and the year in one of the lower corners. Instead of Marilyn 2017, I typed "Marilyn 2016".

bestcee likes this.
  9. mcurtt

AARGH! Well, rather than cause confusion, I fixed my date, edited my layout (it was for MOC, day 1). It is fine in the gallery, but when I look in the challenge forums, it is still the OLD layout with the old date. I even went so far as to copy the BB code, and it is still the old "marilyn 2016" signature. Oh well, not going to worry about it. Moving on...

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

It's a cache thing. It'll update for you when your computer pulls the cache again. I can see it right in the thread.

Neverland Scraps and mcurtt like this.
  11. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I haven't made the mistake yet, at least not that I know of. But then I often have typos in my journlaing and I just roll with it. Perfection is over rated and I want the hand made with love look.

gwtwred and Neverland Scraps like this.
  12. Neverland Scraps

That's what I told my girls with the few journaling errors I have in my printed albums. But I don't think they'd go with that excuse for the dating. :D They can be stinkers sometimes!

13. lizziej

lizziej Active Member

Rarely do I put the date that I make my layouts, so I don't have that problem. Since I don't scrap chronologically, what I DO have to pay attention to is the year I put when I journal, since the years vary so much. LOL

14. Celeste

Celeste I'm moving to Hogwarts!

i'm notorious for this lol. thanks for the heads up!

15. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I've been good with 2017, but now I'm messing up things that were a year ago, and still putting 2015 instead of 2016 lol! Thanks for the reminder!