Wall art or Photos? | Pad Patter 2.8.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Feb 8, 2019.

1. frani_54

frani_54 Well-Known Member

I have all of the above, mostly photos of the grand kids, some art and cross stitch pieces.

2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

this is currently on the wall in my creativity zone
    image1 (Small).JPG

3. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I have a mix: photos old and new - including the kids' school photos, quilts, original art, prints. I picked up a wonderful print in Mexico that I just love. I'll post it when I get the photo of it off my phone. I love to support artists when I can. Here's the link to the artist - he does amazing work! http://www.arteajijic.net/mural_english.html

Here it is:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We have both- a few paintings that my grandma did before she passed (they aren't "great" but they mean so much to me!), one art piece that I've had forever, as well as some photos I've had made to canvases. We also have a "W" wall- we've collected w's wherever we go!

I will look for some photos!

5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I have a little bit of both. My fave thing to do is make a gallery wall...a mix of photos, art from the kids and antique finds.

Right now I'm wanting to do something in my hallway up our stairs...we've lived here for over 3 years and I still can't figure out exactly what I want to do.

6. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We live in a rental so there's not much on the walls. It's not home & my husband's penchant for buying ugly-but-cheap furniture from his work just makes it worse. Whatever I would buy to make the walls beautiful would just further underscore how ugly (most of) the furniture is.

7. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I'll have a blank canvas in Florida. I'm going for a mix of both . Art, my photos and some wall art.

We shall see.

bellbird likes this.
  8. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Almost all art, tho actually we have very few walls post renovation. I have mostly prints that I bought around the world but I have one 16x20 photo ( the stones of Avebury) propped on a desktop in my bedroom. I used to have family photos pre this marriage on a piano which also went back to a man I dated. He was an Indian giver...I know there's a better phrase for that kind of thing but I don't know it.

bellbird likes this.
  9. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Almost all photos. It's partly the indecisive thing--I get intimidated thinking that if I buy something, I'm going to have to love it and look at it for years. Photos that I took are inexpensive enough that I can change them out any time I want without thinking twice about it. (Now ask me if I do...no, I put photos up and leave them there for years, LOL.) Plus I can mix and match photos easily, but mixing art requires more skill.

10. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

When we first married, it was all art on the walls. After the kids came along, I gradually replaced all the art with photographs. Then we painted the walls and I haven't put anything back. The walls are so pretty and they need something special, not five year old photos. (The perpetual dream -- that I will update the photos and then return the frames to the walls. Hasn't happened yet, but I still say I'm going to do it!)

Angela Toucan likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I have both photos and art on our walls at home... but probably more art than photos. I'm awful about deciding which photos are good enough to print. So dumb. Lol. And pretty much all of the art are things I've made myself. I paint quite a lot and honestly I've run out of room to put anything new! Oops! :giggle

12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Both.
    I have scrapped photos that tell the story of DH and I through the years (so far!), my letterboard, munchkin's art he has made, lots of school stuff (phonics, white board, etc), and real art downstairs.
    Then, upstairs we have framed photos, framed scrap pages, and a few pieces of art. Munchkin has a ton of posters in his room, along with scrapbook pages he loves. He hangs everything with white sticky tack or washi tape.