Walking | Pad Patter 3.30.23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by umyesh, Mar 30, 2023.

1. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

It's National Take a Walk in the Park Day! :yippee Did you know that was a thing? I sure didn't until I searched the National Day Calendar today! :giggle So, let's chat about walking.

Do you walk for exercise?
    Where is the last place you walked?
    If you could walk in any park, which park would you choose?

2. umyesh

Yes I do! I walked on a treadmill this morning.

From my kitchen to my desk :tu

Disneyland!

Memaw2Wm and tkradtke like this.
  3. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Sometimes... mainly when we're in Michigan. We used to have a standing 1.5 mile walk after dinner no matter the weather, but we got off track over the holidays and stopped.

I walked the dog around the neighborhood yesterday morning. But the last place with a destination was to my workout on Monday and then home again with a stop at Whole Foods.

In less than an hour, we'll be walking to Wrigley Field for opening day!!! It's a little less than a mile each way.

I would love to walk through Muir Woods, but I've never been.

Memaw2Wm and umyesh like this.
  4. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Oh that's a VERY good answer!!! Wish I would have thought of that :-)

umyesh likes this.
  5. umyesh

I am a fair weather walker so I'm impressed you'd always walk after dinner no matter the weather! What a healthy habit!

Enjoy opening day! I'm jealous!

6. umyesh

Disneyland is definitely where I always get the most steps! haha

7. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Do you walk for exercise? Yes! It's my main form of exercise. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings I do a three mile walk, plus I walk my dog at least a mile on the most other days (Saturdays and Sundays are hit and miss)
    Where is the last place you walked? I live right up against a mountain and I walk/hike a trail called Gib's Loop. I just did it this morning!
    If you could walk in any park, which park would you choose? I love National Parks! I have yet to visit Yosemite so that's at the top of my list.. also Glacier in Montana... and Jasper up in Canada.... hard to choose there are so many beautiful places I want to visit!

lulyg14, Memaw2Wm and umyesh like this.
  8. umyesh

Good job walking for your exercise! That’s nice you have a trail you like close to home.

9. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

Our neighborhood is on the edge of preserve land that is mountainous desert. A few years ago, I had an hour loop hike that I would take up and down the mountain with my two dogs. Unfortunately, one of my dogs hurt his back and has arthritis so he can't hike anymore. I don't feel right about going without him so now I just take short strolls around the neighborhood.

umyesh and Memaw2Wm like this.
  10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Do you walk for exercise? Yes, I aim for a brisk 30 mins 5 plus times per week.
    Where is the last place you walked? Stellenbosch market earlier today
    If you could walk in any park, which park would you choose? I really enjoy Maijec (pronounced Magic) forest close to home.

umyesh and Memaw2Wm like this.
  11. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I do when the weather is decent ... that is 60° and above, no wind, and dry. My usually walk is through my neighborhood.

Last place I walked was from my desk around to the back of our other unit to refill my tumbler with water.

And I love walking at Disney parks ... usually Disney World since it's only a two hour flight from DC.

umyesh likes this.
  12. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Do you walk for exercise? YES, nearly every day.
    Where is the last place you walked? on the treadmill this morning, in the world, last Sunday, downtown
    If you could walk in any park, which park would you choose? pretty much any park works for me, but if someone were offering to take me anywhere all expenses paid, I guess I'd choose somewhere in New Zealand or some other beautiful place

Two of my kids and I are actually about to head our for our regular Thursday afternoon walk in a few minutes!

umyesh likes this.
  13. umyesh

I’m sorry about your dog. :-/ I’m glad you still get out for neighborhood strolls.

14. umyesh

You are good to set a brisk pace! My kids always tell me I walk too fast for them.

15. umyesh

I share your weather requirements for walking. I walked in the cold the other night and my ears were killing me after!

16. umyesh

Treadmill Twinners! ;) Enjoy your walk with your kids!

michelepixels and Iowan like this.
  17. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Now that the weather is nicer, I need to get out and walk more. My neighborhood is great as far as traffic, but the hills are killer lol. I do walk a lot during the day at work!

All over the school building and up to our Agricultural Land Lab behind the school

Oh gosh, that's tough. I'd love to visit more National Parks...I'm not sure I can pick one lol

umyesh likes this.
  18. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

This would be me. I take the dog for walks in nice weather. Can't breathe in the cold weather.

In fact, I just got back from a short walk with the dog. It is mid-50's and I just walked to my cousin's house to tell her some things I found out about the church project we are working on. Walks now will be hit or miss because of weather. Temps this weekend will be OK, but it is supposed to rain all weekend. Daily walks with Peyton will probably start in May sometime. Weather permitting.

umyesh likes this.
  19. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Do you walk for exercise? No

Where is the last place you walked? From my kitchen to my desk

If you could walk in any park, which park would you choose? Honestly, I'd love a park anywhere with a temperate climate if I didn't have back and leg pain.

umyesh likes this.
  20. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Do you walk for exercise? Yes, but I really need to do better. We walk in a basically flat and quiet neighborhood close to home.
    Where is the last place you walked? I’m on vacation and just checked my watch. I put in some 8,000 steps at the Atlanta Zoo this morning.
    If you could walk in any park, which would you choose? It would be Lincoln Park which is about a half a block from home. It has gorgeous trees, wonderful trails, as well as stunning views of Puget Sound and the Olympic Mountains. Unfortunately, the park has so many off-leash dogs we just don’t walk there that much.

umyesh likes this.