video upload questions

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by alinalove, Mar 10, 2016.

1. alinalove

alinalove Well-Known Member

hey there :)
    just yesterday i was uploading a video the first time.
    it's just a short one of a hybrid project.

first thing i noticed, it doesn't produce a thumbnail for the gallery. or more a general "video" thumbnail.
    i saw i could upload one and i did, it was showing in the gallery.

and then when i want to pin the video (i have to click on the thumbnail to get me to my video, just like with the regular layouts), there is only a very general lilypad picture that i could pin.
    nothing else.
    this makes the upload pretty unusable for me, since i have to/want to pin it to my boards.

is there a way for me or for you :D to get a pinable (and content related) picture in the future?
    i think the easiest would be to use the uploaded thumbnail picture, or even easier if the system would retrieve a thumbnail picture from the video itself.

what do you think?
    for reference i'm showing my listing here:

[​IMG]

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

TBH, I didn't know we could upload videos, lol!

As for pinning the video, do you have the Pinterest icon loaded into your browser? I not sure but you might be able to pin it that way, versus the little "Pinterest" button that shows when hovering on jpg images. The Pinterest Blog shows only Youtube videos that are being shared. (https://blog.pinterest.com/en/pin-video) Otherwise, you might have to manually add the link direct to Pinterest.

Sorry, I'm not much help, but thanks for the info! I learned we can upload videos! :)

alinalove likes this.
  3. alinalove

thank you for reply :D
    i use the browser pin button. i didn't think of trying it differently tbh. lol.

4. alinalove

and the direct link upload only works properly when there is a photo to pin on. it only shows lilypad logos though :D

5. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I will look into this today and let you know. The video upload is a new feature for us so I am going to have to do some research.

alinalove likes this.
  6. alinalove