Using Libraries in Photoshop Creative Cloud

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by gonewiththewind, Oct 3, 2021.

1. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Running CC isn't a huge hog on internet really so I'm good for that. Part of the thought process behind a potential upgrade was age of my PSE and the fact less than 6 months ago I upgraded RAM so my laptop has a better chance of running CC well but yep I've gone back to what I know with ACDSee for searching

2. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

You may want to instead do a one time outlay for an upgrade to PSE 2022.. PSE has a lot of upgrades since PSE15 https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/whats-new.html

Also another PSE2022 review:
    https://www.shutterbug.com/content/adobe-photoshop-elements-2022-software-review

3. littlekiwi

It's a bit out of my price range to do a one time outlay, I considered that as option one. I can afford the monthly payments and now that I am scrapping way more it makes more sense than it used to

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@littlekiwi

First, you're logged into your Creative Cloud app? And it's currently running?

Second, the libraries use internet connection, so if you do have a slow internet speed, it may be having a problem loading the libraries panel. I doubt this is the issue, as you haven't added anything to a library to have it sync to the cloud and load.

Third, have you closed the program and opened it again?

Tree City likes this.
  5. littlekiwi

Yes to number one - I've also closed and restarted as well as logged out and back in just in case

Two - the issue was with initializing the library, I hadn't even used it or put anything in a library

and number 3, yep a few times

I may just not worry about it if its not going to work for me, it would be a nice to have kind of thing but I may be able to do something similar with a categories in ACDSee....sure not quite as easy but a work around at least

gonewiththewind likes this.
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@littlekiwi I'm sorry I'm not more help troubleshooting this issue for you as I find libraries so very helpful, especially for little things like staples and such.

7. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Okay, this I can probably help you out with!

I'm going to bet you have files hidden. Well, not you, Windows does it automatically. Open up the first file paths - the C:\Users\{Your User Name}. Go to the top of the folder and Click "View" tab, Then close to the right hand side, there's a "Hidden Files" Once you click on that, you should be able to see the AppData file.

C - is your main drive. It's not usually labelled anything else, unless you built your own computer. If you can't find the App Data, let me know and I'll help you figure out the rest of the pathway.

8. littlekiwi

I thought I had gone in and checked that was all ok early on in the process.

9. littlekiwi

It wasn't hidden....now got a different issue when I try and delete the folder.....something about needing permission to delete it. It just goes in an endless loop to try and delete the folder and never does. I think I'll give up now but thanks for your help @cfile @gonewiththewind & @bestcee anyway.

gonewiththewind and cfile like this.
  10. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I do not mess with those folders at all.. with my luck I break things and then it is worse then before.

11. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

The permission you need is an administrator on your system.

Normally, like Christa said, I don't recommend people mess with hidden folders. They are hidden to keep people from messing things up, and creating bigger issues. In this specific case, because it's strictly a folder that Adobe creates, and a file that can only be rebuilt by deleting the original one, it is one to 'mess' with.

If you are caught in the administration loop, is the account you log on to Windows as the administrator? Or is there another account on the computer? If you log in as the administrator, you shouldn't have an issue deleting that specific folder. If you are, try going into the folder and deleting the files. Adobe will rebuild the missing files on launch. I used to have to do that on PSE 10 when I added styles/actions to Adobe. It was the only workaround. :agree

12. littlekiwi

@bestcee, I didn't actually set my laptop up, the repair shop who did my hard drive replacement in July did and of course they aren't an essential business so not open during lockdown to help me

13. littlekiwi

I am the administrator but this workaround worked I think...hopefully CC rebuilds the files and I'm good to go again

bestcee likes this.
  14. littlekiwi

Still not working so going to give up on the idea I think

bestcee likes this.