Upgraded to PSE 13...questions

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by javamonster, Dec 1, 2014.

1. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

So, I've been using PSE 8 *forever* (seems like). I saw PSE 13 was available on Amazon for $50, so I grabbed it and took the leap.

It's so awesome to be able to add styles and actions with just a click :yesss instead of having to dig into the hidden files, add them there and then wait for PSE to process the added stuff.

I am going to go online and do some research and all that, but can anyone give me a short list of what's so great about this version in the meantime? What do you like best about it?

2. bderby

bderby No, I will not tell you what "merde" means!

I don't even remember what PSE I am using, but $50 seems like a great deal! I would love to hear more about all the upgrades.

3. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

Moving from PSE8 you should find other cool things: layer masks, limited text paths, of course the easy install of styles and actions. PSE 13 added some nice photo effects, improvements to make selections (think extractions) easier with content aware. I don't think I can remember everything going back that far. Obviously the user interface is turned a bit upside down, but you can customize your workspace too.