Unlimited pages sale-Shutterfly end Sept 7

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Aug 31, 2020.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I don't think my current book is ready to go (aka it's not stuffed full yet)... but I better check! I don't order books anymore without this sale! :giggle

3. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

YAY!!!! I recently decided that since I scrap out of order to start printing "remember this" albums with pages from random years (in chronological order). I've had one sitting, ready for this sale! This book is going to fun to see in print as it has a bunch of old pages that I recently found (2006/7ish), mixed with pages I've made recently. YAY again!!!

keepscrappin and Iowan like this.
  4. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I've had a book sitting there for about a month just waiting on a sale. Got it ordered!

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  5. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Thanks Anne! Tagging @Dalis so she sees this one.

Dalis and AnneofAlamo like this.
  6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Woot woot, I ordered my second-ever Remember This book tonight! I've been thinking about going smaller, so at first I selected 10 x 10in size but when I checked my cart the final price was lower than their $39 cutoff for free shipping. I went back to the book and changed the size to my usual 12 by 12...and after the pages deal and free shipping, the price is only $3 more than 10x10! M

My Remember This books are a big mix of layouts. (Actually, this may be my third book because I have one of sibling-only layouts. It's so cute to see my kids together in that book!) Anyway, for this one I used the "little moments big memories" word art from the everyday life:
    [​IMG]
    It was so nice to make a cute but EASY cover! Usually I panic over them.

Iowan and sharonb like this.
  7. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

THANKS!!!!!!

umyesh likes this.
  8. umyesh

You're very welcome! :)

9. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

I have not printed a book in a very loooooong time. Any tips for being able to set up the project for full size pages? Is there a specific style that makes this process easier? What is the maximum number of pages?

Has anybody tried any of the lay flat options? Those are definitely new since the last I printed a book. I'm not sure but I think 10 x 10 option is also new since the last books I printed -- I don't honestly remember how many years it has been since I printed a book. I have printed single pages, but even that has been quite a few years ago.

But I think I'd like to take advantage of this and print a book with no particular theme from the random layouts I've created over the last years.

Thanks for any tips on how to make this process go more smoothly over the next few days.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  10. AnneofAlamo

this is the best deal for printing. Here are some hints:

I usually make my pages 12x12 and ALWAYS print the 10x10 books. they always look great!

There is a digi options.
    You choose size and cover (I get hard cover) I have gotten soft cover and it is okay, but I love the hard cover.
    When you are on the Choose Style for your 10x10 book
    you have to look under BOOK IDEAs
    then click ALL STYLES
    it is usually in the last 4 rows. and looks like this
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
    upload_2020-9-1_13-36-48.png
    I would upload 10 pages at a time.
    This way you can then place them in the book, and have it save.
    Sometimes when I do too many, they don't all get loaded and I have to reload and find out which ones I am missing.

I think the max is 111 pages! I am doing a 90page one (it is in the cart) and I have another I am hoping to finish by tomorrow!

I use one of my pages for the back cover and if you do a COVER it is better to have 1/2 bleed (the page folds in and you will lose edge).

I will be here most of the evening and tomorrow getting my book done. Feel free to tag me if you need any help!

keepscrappin and elseepe like this.
  11. elseepe

@AnneofAlamo thank you so much, this is just the info I needed. Now off to find where I need to start and get busy organizing, checking for errors and uploading.

AnneofAlamo likes this.
  12. elseepe

They sure do make that Digi one hard to find, but I did finally get there. Now to pick my pages. After a couple of trips through it looks like I might be grabbing some from 2016 thru 2019. My first thought was to start with current, but 2020 is far from over and I haven't scrapped hardly at all since MOC, so I think I'll hold on those.

13. HavaDrPepper

No doubt that the digi one is hard to find. I think it is because they want to cater to the people that use their templates and just drop the photos in. And, the more pre-made templates they add, the farther down you have to go to find the digi one!

14. elseepe

@AnneofAlamo do you worry at all about how big the jpeg files are? Do you do any processing when you create the jpegs? Working on what I hope will be a nice book, but I did determine that I actually have to make a layout that needs to be included in 2018, or I'll never be happy with leaving out that story.

15. umyesh

I don't remember what their max file size is but my full size layouts have never had a problem uploading.

elseepe likes this.
  16. AnneofAlamo

I save at 3600x3600 highest quality jpg. Many of my photos are pictures of old photos and although Shutterfly sometimes says they are not high quality, they come out beautiful

elseepe likes this.
  17. elseepe

Thanks to @AnneofAlamo for the alerting, I've got a full book uploaded and ready to print (111 pages), plus a small 6x8 project (also from 2016) I loaded into an 8x11 size using the white border page option. I hope they turn out well; now just to get them in the cart and submit the order. It will almost feel like Christmas when it comes. It has been so long since I've printed anything and this will really be my first non-project specific photo book. I'm excited.

Karen likes this.
  18. AnneofAlamo

I am so excited for you too!!! I have 2 pages left and will send my order Saturday night!
    111 pages! wiw

19. HavaDrPepper

My book is on its way to me :)

Karen likes this.
  20. elseepe

OHHHH-EEEEM-GEEE -- After finishing up my project and just leaving it there, Shutterfly sent me a 40% off code -- so between the free ship and the free pages and that discount, I ended up saving $300!!! That is incredible. Now just to wait for it to get there.

Karen and Tree City like this.