Unfinished Projects Chatter

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, May 9, 2024.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Do you have unfinished projects? I was thinking specifically of scrapbooking, because I have a lot of other unfinished projects around the house! (Hello, half completed drywall ceiling in the basement. I'm pretending you don't exist).

How do you work on them?
    Do you work on them?
    Is there a point that you just say "No more unfinished, you are done just how you are"? Like, you are tired of it, and know you aren't going to really finish it?

umyesh likes this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

At the beginning of every year I have an unfinished book from the previous year. I force myself to finish it when I have an offer I need to use from Shutterfly. Sometimes it takes until April like this year…but April is better than never!

bestcee likes this.
  3. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

In all reality, current projects are all unfinished. New photos show up all the time to add to the projects already in progress.

How I work on them? I keep a list going of the photos that need scrapped. It is a spreadsheet that has a tab for each project. This list is also how I figure out if I'm close to finishing a Shutterfly book for my cousin's family! I note how many layouts of each event, then record the layout name in the section for the Shutterfly book. That also tells me which photos still need to be scrapped. For instance, in the book for my cousin I am ready to start scrapping the Paris/Nice photos from June 2023 (will probably be at least 8 to 10 layouts!)

Do I work on them? Yes I do. I was way behind on the book for my cousin (November 2022 Iceland trip) but in the last 6 weeks I finished those photos (layouts were named "A" through "S"... that's how many I had!) Some of the events between then and June 2023 had been scrapped during MOC since they were single layouts. Again, since pretty much everything is an unfinished project, I work on various projects. When I don't feel like doing one project, I'll work on something else. The scrapping I did over the weekend were all single page layouts for various projects for only me.

4. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

Doesn't everyone???

I started painting my bathroom 10+ years ago ... I never finished ... one bathroom ... five people in the house ... at least one teenager for all those years ... yeah, I gave up. Maybe when the remaining teenager moves out in a few years ... that boy lives in the bathroom.

bestcee likes this.
  5. LivyBug

LivyBug I should be considered yarned and dangerous.

How do you work on them? Apparently, I don't. :giggle
    Do you work on them? See above. :giggle
    Is there a point that you just say "No more unfinished, you are done just how you are"? Like, you are tired of it, and know you aren't going to really finish it? When it comes to books, I'll DNF after too long. Projects like a kit or scrapbook, I eventually go back to as it's easier to pick up again.

6. Aerobigirl

Aerobigirl Well-Known Member

We won't talk about the unfinished house projects... Too many of them!

For layouts, anything unfinished I simply title "unfinished" as the first word and then I search for any photoshop files that are titled unfinished.

Usually, and unfinished layout is something I have planned and need to collect things in order to complete. For example, I have a layout planned called, "Things we balance on the cat." I have a few dozen photos of pencils, television remotes, puzzle pieces, and small items balanced on our very patient cat, Al. When I find one, I open the file, put the photo in, and re-save the file.

bestcee likes this.
  7. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Yes! My biggest one is that I haven't printed in a long time. I have full albums that need to be printed into books and loose pages that need to be printed individually and put in page protectors & albums.
    I also like to make albums of every trip or vacation, and I have many albums that I've started scrapping but are not close to being finished.

How do you work on them? Pretty much just at random here and there...

Do you work on them? Not often enough! I was just thinking I need to block out or schedule time to work on printing. I need sit down and figure out what needs to be printed and get it all organized.

Is there a point that you just say "No more unfinished, you are done just how you are"? Like, you are tired of it, and know you aren't going to really finish it?
    Not really! I have pages from a 2013 album I still have hope of finishing one day...

bestcee likes this.
  8. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

Almost all my bigger projects are unfinished, but if I only had finished projects I wouldn’t have anything to scrap, which makes unfinished a good thing! :giggle

bestcee and Memaw2Wm like this.
  9. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I don't like having unfinished projects....I usually force myself to finish one thing before starting a new thing, that usually motivates me.

Sometimes if it's something I don't really want to do I'll make myself work on it for 15 minutes a day. It's amazing what you can get done in 15 minutes...set a timer and don't do anything else until it beeps.

bestcee and Memaw2Wm like this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I have a folder called Unfinished layouts. Mine are some that need another photo, or that need journaling and I need to get some details. One is a layout that I love the photos, and the layout, just struggled with supplies that day, so I haven't gone back to finish it yet.