Typos

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Lynnette, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

Do you make a lot of errors in your journaling? I swear, nearly every page of mine has them! And I am normally a stickler for spelling/grammar... I think it's just because I leave journaling for last and by that point I am anxious to wrap it up, save and post. Sometimes I am also zoomed out too far when typing so it's easy to miss things. Once it's posted I usually notice, but at that point I'm too lazy to re-upload! I do, however, go back and fix my typos before printing a batch of layouts or a photo book. FYI, if you ever notice an error I don't mind - in fact I appreciate - you pointing it out to me. What about you? Do have a lot of typos? Do you fix them or not even care?

cfile, KarenB, jenn mccabe and 3 others like this.
  2. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

oh yes, totally. here's one I compleately missed. (notice I typed completely in error and chose not to auto correct this time. lol) thankfully I haven't printed this book yet. this is my cover.
    [​IMG]

KarenB, Lynnette and enjoyyourpix like this.
  3. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

i am the queen of typos. Think if i might journal in notepad, i would do better, then hard to see typing in photoshop, but then would have to fix linebreaks etc, not worth it.

KarenB, Lynnette and LynnG like this.
  4. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

Dear me! The typos! I'm awful about them! I just printed my 2013 DYD album, and I have a layout titled "It's not Christmas WITHOUTH the Grinch" With-outh? My kids laughed and laughed and thought it was pretty darn funny. Oh well. le sigh. Mistakes are part of life. Moving on...

KarenB, lvancura and Lynnette like this.
  5. DixieDoesPSP

DixieDoesPSP Well-Known Member

Yes I find typos in my layouts all the time. I to have found them after posting and right now you cannot replace a posted layout without completely deleting it and restarting which I hate to do because i hate to lose my comments on the layout. Am I weird because of that? LOL

Lynnette likes this.
  6. jagruti patel

jagruti patel Me love cookies! Yum! Yum!

I have my husband proof read bc I am queen on typos. Then when u print my books ..i try not to read the Journaling in fear of finding a typo. But my husband generally does a great job....he's more meticulous than me.

KarenB, Lynnette and bestcee like this.
  7. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

If I notice on my Web version, I usually go back to fix in my print version. But i don't bother re-uploading. (No @DixieDoesPSP I totally agree with you!) I've only noticed a hand full of times... either I slow down just enough to read it, or it was typed up previously in Evernote or Word where the spellchecker can catch it!

Lynnette likes this.
  8. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I just noticed one in one of my MOC pages, but at this point I just don't care. There was a time long ago when I only saved in jpg. I'd have to get really creative to fix things. Now I always save the big page in psd & the small page in jpg. No drama.

KarenB and Lynnette like this.
  9. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

Oh yes...tons but I don't even care anymore lol

KarenB and Lynnette like this.
  10. FarrahJobling

FarrahJobling FarrahJobling

Oh man. I'm the WORST!

Lynnette likes this.
  11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I zoom in on journaling and re-read it, but still frequently find mistakes after I upload pages. I rarely feel like fixing them though. :)

There's a challenge idea! Create a page with perfect spelling and grammar. :compcoffee

Lynnette likes this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I would fail! I do not "do" grammar. Much to the dismay of my English degree spouse. LOL.

If I have uploaded it, I usually just leave it. In fact, while I spelled cemetery correct in my title, I totally misspelled it in my journaling on the page I recently completed. So I left it online, and fixed it for my printable layout.

The worst? I have a photo book where I labelled one of my nephews with his older brothers name. It drives me nuts every time the book gets pulled out. I may have to pull out my label maker :giggle

Lynnette likes this.
  13. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Luckily my software includes a spellcheck feature although usually I catch all my typos anyway. My eyes zoom in on typos and they make me cringe.

Lynnette likes this.
  14. Lynnette

:giggle This is a challenge I obviously need!

15. Lynnette

I'm pretty sure my program has spell check too (PSE)... I just never think to use it!

16. Lynnette

No I agree! Nice comments > a perfect page

17. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I've learned to zoom in real close when I'm doing any journaling. The better I can see it the less likely I am to make a typo. :p

littlekiwi likes this.
  18. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I will fix it if I notice it. If I don't notice it and it gets printed that way...
    [​IMG]

KarenB and gracielou like this.
  19. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Sadly, Nope! :angry I don't know why Adobe refuses to give us spellcheck in PSE, but :banghead.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  20. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I notice a few here or there.. most of the time if I have time I run it through spell check and such before posting on a layout.. but still errors get through.. most of the time.. I fix them.. but sometimes I leave them afterall.. everyone makes mistakes in the real world.. so why not in digital too?

bestcee likes this.