Truffles | Pad Patter 5/2

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by umyesh, May 2, 2024.

1. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Happy National Truffle Day!

Here’s your daily “did you know” from the internet: “N. Petruccelli of Chambery, France is believed to be the inventor of the chocolate truffle in December 1895. Truffles became much more prevalent in 1902 after the Prestat Chocolate Shop opened in London. In fact, Prestat still sells "Napoleon III" truffles made to the original recipe.

Traditionally, chocolatiers make this sweet confection with a chocolate ganache center coated in chocolate, icing, cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or coconut. Oftentimes, they may fill the truffle with other yummy surprises, too. For example, some candy makers include cream, melted chocolate, caramel, nuts, fruit, nougat, fudge, toffee, mint, marshmallow, or liqueur.”

Two quick questions today:
    1. When you see the word “truffles” do you think of chocolates or mushrooms?
    2. What’s your favorite chocolate truffle filling?

MrsPeel likes this.
  2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

1. When you see the word “truffles” do you think of chocolates or mushrooms? Pigs ... truffle sniffing pigs. LOL!!!

2. What’s your favorite chocolate truffle filling? Not a fan of filled chocolates.

bestcee and umyesh like this.
  3. dawnmarch

dawnmarch Actually, no. You are not funny!

When I saw the thread title, I thought mushrooms and then chocolate. So, both I guess. :) I'm also not a fan of filled chocolates unless it's more chocolate or PB or caramel.

umyesh likes this.
  4. umyesh

Pigs! lol to be honest I first thought of the truffle shuffle from Goonies.

5. umyesh

I didn’t know about the mushroom truffles until today so you’re more knowledgeable than me.

I love me some PB or caramel filled chocolates, especially the super soft caramel!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2024
  6. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

LOL ... I've never watched Goonies ... although my kids did when they were kids.

umyesh likes this.
  7. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

8. Annsofie

Annsofie Crime Books & Cozy Nooks

I love both the mushroom and the chocolate one! But I think chocolate is no 1. A dark chocolate truffle with raspberry flavor or rum, yummy!

9. CathQuillScrap

CathQuillScrap I suspect foul play...

10. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

Lol I thought both actually! I have some truffle salt that I like to sprinkle on top of things that is SO yummy. I'm also a chocoholic & have never met a chocolate truffle I didn't like! ;) My MOST favorite is coconut filling!

11. umyesh

12. .Alesen.

.Alesen. Active Member

13. scribler

scribler Blanket? Check! Slippers? Check! Sweater? Che

My first thought at the thread title was "does she mean chocolate or mushrooms"?

My fav filling is strawberry.

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

It's funny you asked the question about what truffles made me think of because when I saw the thread title I instantly thought "I wonder if it's about chocolate or mushrooms?" :giggle

I haven't had many chocolate truffles... most of them were just plain chocolate and I like them that way. It would be fun to try some other kinds. They are SO sweet though! I love sweets too.

15. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

My favorite are the Costco truffles - they have mint and toffee and both are so yummy!

[​IMG]

16. .Alesen.

.Alesen. Active Member

I kissed the frog!

17. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

LOL @ pigs!!!!
    here I am the complete opposite, I do not like chocolate that doesn't have filling!!!!!!

Truffles confuse me, because until coming to Europe to me truffles were bonbons LOL
    I m not sure I like the mushroom ones, too expensive and too strong!!!!

we make some truffles in Brazil that are like the national sweet, called Brigadier (*brigadier like the military person?)
    th.jpeg

[​IMG]

18. .Alesen.

.Alesen. Active Member

I kissed the frog!

19. ScrappyHappy82

ScrappyHappy82 I didn't know pet stores sold husbands!

1. When you see the word “truffles” do you think of chocolates or mushrooms? I think probably chocolates but that's more a recent thing. I always thought mushrooms first but I guess I've been exposed to the chocolates more often now that it's taken over first place.

2. What’s your favorite chocolate truffle filling? Not a super fan of them actually but my kids love them. As much chocolate and chocolate filling as possible