Travel to Space |Pad Patter 12.10

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Dec 10, 2018.

1. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

If I could be cleared to go, with all my back issues and migraines, I would! I think being in zero-gravity would be SO much more comfortable for my bulging and degenerating discs! I would be terrified on the launch but I think it would be totally amazing to get to walk on the moon and see the whole Earth from off the world!

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

OK so i just watched Interstellar with Matthew McCon... (whatever his name is) last week - i know super late to the party - and as much as I loved the Martian book & movie, after seeing the various terrains (yeah i know they weren't filmed on location) and well, lack of tourist attractions, I think i'd just prefer to see a lot more landmarks and explore more corners of earth than head 'out there'

3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I almost missed this fabulous question! Monday was a very busy day. In fact, this whole week was very busy!!

I don't expect commercial space travel will be far enough along and established in my lifetime. I am not an early adopter of technology. I like to see how it performs for a while. I'd want lots of safe successful journeys completed before I join one. If I'm wrong about how long that will take and I do have the opportunity, I might want to.

Astronomy has always fascinated me. I'm totally cheering for all the progress being made to expand humanity beyond Earth. I'm content to see it all via pictures and videos though.

4. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

@bellbird Justine brought up a good point, about seeing more of Earth. That's how I feel too. There's so much on Earth I'd love to see. I've only been to a few U.S. States, Tiajuana, Paris, and Stockholm. I want to see much more of the U.S. and would love to see more of Europe and maybe other continents too!

Also I forgot to answer the question about where in space I'd like to go. I'd be more interested in a quick trip to the moon than a year long trip to a more distant planet. I admire the Mars One project and people who want to dedicate their lives to that, but I definitely want to stay on my home planet.

bellbird likes this.
  5. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

I have mixed feelings with this..... I know about Richard Branston trip & I think Elon Musk also has one in the works?
    I have heard theories that there is something already organized for when the plant here can't sustain anymore...

I'm not sure how I feel about this as in me traveling...it is so much pain to travel by plane these days... but I know as a matter of fact that if you asked me 5 years ago I would not hesitate a minute if money wasn't a problem....
    If you don't like flying, the space propelled rockets take of has to be 1000000 times worse, not sure about landing, but also saw a film about a baby delivered in space and then the kid couldn't come to earth.... it was sci fi, but if you study the whole thing, I am not sure someone born in 0 gravity will be able to survive entering gravity?

bellbird likes this.