Travel to Space |Pad Patter 12.10

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Dec 10, 2018.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Would you travel to space?
    I heard about a study recently. The idea is a woman will carry and deliver a baby entirely in space. It hasn't been set up yet, but it's on the table for exploration.
    Then, you have people buying tickets to be able to go on a commercial space trip.

And it made me wonder. Would you travel to space if you could? (No money required in my question!)
    Is there a planet you'd like to see? Would you want to get off the ship?

I think it'd be cool to see Earth from space, but I don't like to fly in general, so I'm sure a spaceship wouldn't be much better!

MrsPeel and Tree City like this.
  2. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Nah. When I was a kid watching the Apollo missions in school on TV (what a treat that was!) I would’ve said yes. Now I’m just a landlubber. I’ll continue to watch about it on TV!

bestcee likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I agree that it would be cool to see Earth from space, but I'm not sure I would like travelling to space. I love to fly, but that is a long time to be cooped up in that spaceship or shuttle or whatever. Maybe if I could just go up, check it out, and come back lol Going to the moon might not be so bad.

bestcee likes this.
  4. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Nah, I'm good.

jenn mccabe and bestcee like this.
  5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Same here. I actually get a little twitchy just thinking about it. My big issue is with feeling trapped and totally at the mercy of that craft and whatever/whoever was on it. I need options!

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've watched too many movie about space. something ALWAYS goes wrong and if I got stranded in space I wouldn't be all macgyver figuring things out and get myself back home... I'd be more curled up in the corner crying. Lol! So nope. I'll just continue to watch and love movie about space and stay right here on Earth.

jenn mccabe and bestcee like this.
  7. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

In my younger days, yes, I would have loved to have gone into space. I would have loved to have seen Earth from the moon just like the one guy from my hometown did (Neil Armstrong, for those history buffs).

I probably have a fascination for space because of Neil being an astronaut. His first trip to space was in 1966 on Gemini 8. Then he made the famous trip of Apollo 11 in 1969. I was 11 years old for his first trip and remember the pride this town had at that time not knowing how much more the town would be tied to space in the future.

Big things already happening in town leading up to the 50th anniversary of the moon landing next July. When the movie "First Man" was released nationwide October 12... this town had a preview on October 11. I would have loved to have gone but having had surgery the day before, it was out of the question. The street in front of the theater was closed off and had a red carpet!

bestcee likes this.
  8. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

YES! Totally! especially if I had a Starship Enterprise to travel in! :giggle

[​IMG]

Side Note: I have a really good friend who was in our church for years who is in the most recent class of astronauts for NASA! So.Cool. He's one of the older ones (in his early 40s) so will probably never actually make it to space himself, but still... we were so proud of him!

berniek and bestcee like this.
  9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I like that your questions take money out of the equation. :) My issue is the time. Let's pretend space travel was as "cheap" as airline tickets are. Fine, great, whatever. BUT, if it takes 6 years to get to Jupiter? NO THANK YOU. If we could get there in 6 hours, then maybe. But even then, what do you do there? Take some photos and turn back around? I do love the idea of seeing Earth from space, for sure. How cool would that be?

But that whole "have a baby in space" thing? Ummm, what? [​IMG]

bestcee likes this.
  10. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I think the g-forces would wipe me out... Or at least they do on those simulator rides at Disney, etc. So I will stay here on earth. However, I do want to teleport some day - beam me up Scotty - or to Kentucky.

bestcee likes this.
  11. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

No thank you. I’ll just look at someone else’s pictures.

bestcee likes this.
  12. bestcee

I kinda miss when space was huge on TV! It's down played so much anymore.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  13. bestcee

That would be pretty cool! And close.

Hm. I never thought of it that way. I think I'm a little clastrophobic. I hate being piled on top of people. Plus, since the first plane ride I took the engine caught fire, I think that ruined me.

14. bestcee

I can't wait to see you scrap all of that! It sounds awesome!

I have been listening to the book "Spaceman". I don't know how old he is, but he sounds older.

Um, the story I heard included conception in space. Just in cause pregnancy and delivery wasn't enough!

Tree City likes this.
  15. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

My son has always been fascinated with space travel and we talk about it often. He always brings it up- not me! He - 100% would go and I’m always like -nope, not a chance. I don’t think I could handle that confined space for a day never mind months! Plus I think I’ve seen too many crazy movies/tv shows over the years that would make my mind race with worry.

16. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Ok, that part of it wasn’t even on my mind! That’s gotta be interesting .

Tree City likes this.
  17. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

No thanks! I actually don't mind flying and I can think of a lot of other places I would rather fly to.

18. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Until they have reliably working transporters a la Star Trek, there will be no space travel for me. I don't even do well with thrill rides at amusement parks - no way you're shooting me into space on a rocket.

19. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

No thanks. I don't even like to get on an airplane for a couple of hours. I'd never make it to space and back.

20. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.