Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Month of Challenges FIVE - 2017' started by scrappydonna, Jan 18, 2017.
1. Title/Word Art
3. Washi Tape
1. paint or scribbles. I put them on near the end of the page, but my page doesn't feel complete without
2. Val's sprinkles. I use them on almost every single page
3. journaling. It makes me twitch to not have journaling
4. A date
5. I also really like arrows, but don't HAVE to have them.
2) Great typography/word art. If a kit doesn't have it, I make my own. That's why I'm addicted to commercial fonts.
I'm not a fan of foliage, though there is definitely a place for it, and I REALLY love a good holly/pine branch. I've never understood why certain kits have flowers (i.e. a grungy skating kit for boys ??). Makes no sense to me. Just MHO.
Val's sprinkles rock! Actually, EVERYTHING Val does rocks. I loveeee her stuff so very much!
Hmmm .... probably
1) word art
2) paint or splatter
4) teeny tiny things like sequins, scatters, confetti, beads
5) something like a camera, star, heart or arrow
I use splatters, scatters, wordart, flowers, & stitching/staples on almost every layout I make. I journal on almost every layout I make, too, but I guess that's technically not an element.
2. word strips
5. small round elements: brads, flairs, buttons, etc
3. washi tape
Not necessarily in this order, but...
1) Label or tag
5) Bow / ribbon
Hmm, my first thought is that I don't have a top 5, that it depends on the page. But then I remembered there have been at least a few things I keep using in every layout.
1. I've been putting a heart on nearly every page so much in the last year I started to consider it sort of a trademark.
2. I use a lot of scatters or paint splashes.
3. Oh! You said "elements" (not embellishments) so I'm going to say I do have one MUST: journaling.
4. I frequently add stitching, my favorite fastener.
5. Oh yeah! (scrolling up helped remind me) I LOVE word strips! And word art. I almost always include titles too.
On the opposite note, I've been finding there are some things I almost never care to use.
1. flowers -- yes, I know, gasp!
2. frames, and when I do use them I prefer subtle or simple ones
3. I use ribbon occasionally, but rarely ever use bows anymore.
lol re flowers in a grungy boys' kit
good point! in my head it's "embellishment". but i always refer to "embellishment" as "elements" in digital scrapbook. do i make sense?? lol!
I LOVE reading your responses. Thank you so much!!
Made me realize I also like adding WAs (either in strips/label form or big ones which are great for titles (right word to describe eluding me atm coz i'm typing this half-awake lol), washi tape and some sort of matting like I always use on my layouts (scalloped, hearts, etc). I even made my own mats just because I tend to use them all the time.
themey elements and scatters! I love me some scatters!
mmm I think for me, it depends..... in general I would agree with you Donna )appart from scatters or sequins, never know how to use them well!!!)
but tom me it depends a lot on what the page will be about, what the kit comes with....
I used to complain when designers didnt put flowers or leaves...now I find that some pages cannot have flowers....
I love stitches
staples or other fasteners I love screws ....
my most favorite element are clouds & arrows, I think I would stick them in all pages if I could LOL
Saves me typing my list out then
Jennifer, I will need you to tech me how to use the washis. Sometimes I love them, but then it look ridiculous when I use them...!!!!
Same as I told Jennifer about washis!!!.... scatters are the most difficult thing to me, I obsess and never looks right!!!!!!
stitching stitching and more stitching!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!
as on the last 3, I have to say, I couldn't scrap without flowers and leaves, now I find myself not really wanting them much-
Same thing with frames, even though sometimes some awesome frames and I try using them...but tricky one, I feel it takes out of the photo "something" niot sure how to explain!!!!
I use to use a lot more ribbon, but now much less, and same with bow, rarely, rarely use them!!!!!
LOVE theme elements!!!!! now on the scatters...see above... I ll need you guys to teach me how to use them properly!!!!!!
@MrsPeel All I do honestly is use a shadow style for tape, nothing special