Too much to handle!!!!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Frumpje, Jan 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

Okay Designers!!! There are just too many choices in planner stuff in the store!!! I want it all, can't pay for it and I offcourse don't need 20 layouts only for february!
    Please make together one fantastic product or let someone make beautiful stuff and the rest ugly so it would be easier to choose for this girl :circles:circles:circles
    So... to many fantastic designers are giving me a very hard time to choose :bk

My husband should be giving me my first valentine in the 14 years we are together I guess!!! :heartslub

So people, I cant be the only one with this problem. What do you all do??? stay for the planners with one designer, choose every month an other one? Ones per year buy the inserts and buy the little (only) sticker packs the designers are offering or do you buy the whole shabang untill paypall puts you on the blacklist? :hummm

2. fruitysuet

fruitysuet Well-Known Member

I am fortunate that I have come to realise that my life is so empty and boring that I do not have anything to put in a planner. A few years ago ... I may well have had the same conundrum. I really want to have a planner because everything is so pretty. But I have nothing to put in it (eventwise). Sad but true.

cfile, redplaid3 and readingfool like this.
  3. readingfool

readingfool Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat Suzanne - I just don't have enough going on to justify the expense of a planner and all the amazingly pretty things available for them. Plus, my printer is crap, so there's that to help me keep from doing it anyway.

cfile and littlekiwi like this.
  4. Frumpje

oh... I don't have much to plan either... We do have a familyplanner hanging on the wall and I don't go anywhere so who needs it... I dont! But somethings... things are just to pretty not to buy them... And if clothes can hang in the closet without wearing them, why not having a beautiful planner just to sit there. hahaha... ok, that's stupid! First of all... I almost never buy clothes, second I could buy a printer with separated cartridges with for every color two spares/spairs/extra's(... oh LOL... English!) for 15 euro's! (yes the whole lot incl printer) What I do with the planner now... making list I don't even try to finish, make a weekmenu that we don't follow, write in the strange things my kids say (Please note to self: re-read them!!! ;-) ) and I want to write in them when every challenge is, so I have something to look forward to... but yeah well... then I have to look into the thing offcourse. Still trying to find what way works best for me... but buying stickers is more fun then the real planningstuff I guess (+ I like the wordart/tags to use in normal digiscrap layouts too :D

my English suxxxxx so hard, but hey:

[​IMG]

5. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

I haven't printed anything but a rough draft of a 3x5 rolodex card since a big quest on hawaii farm in farmville, few years ago.
    I don't go anywhere, or do anything, but am so drawn to the planner things digital
    Why ??? I have more note inserts for my daytimer, then i will ever use.
    Yes I buy refills for it each year. (last year, didn't even open)
    this year did, wrote in it for 6 days, well there it sets in my bucket from last time i left house

MrsPeel and redplaid3 like this.
  6. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I understand planners are in but it's all too much in the store. They started a monthly planner set with several designers on a subscription basis, but it seems every other designer has to have their own planner stuff. You see something that is the right colors or looks great for a project and it's a planner accessory kit.

cfile likes this.
  7. crystalbella77

crystalbella77 Capture life and embrace it

I love all the different planner options! Soooo fun! And there is a style and color for everyone! I don't have a current working printer or i would be all over them! Plus I have found I do better keeping it simple in my planner. No fancy stickers for me anymore. WAH! They go to waste and I work better with simple lists and notes. :(

MrsPeel and Cath_ like this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I love all the fun planner stuff!
    I use a different designer every week. I really don't care how much I write in my planner compared to others. I really like it to look pretty because then I'm more apt to keep it handy and write in it, and if I'm writing in it I want it to look pretty! LOL. Seriously though, I use a different designer pack every week because I love it all!

MrsPeel and Frumpje like this.
  9. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Never really grasped this planner stuff. Do you start by buying an empty planner book? Do you decorate and print out your own pages?? I have seen all the stuff designers are making, but never really understood it. Just purchased my new planner for 2016. You know, the normal store bought ones. But these planners everyone's making sure are pretty.

MrsPeel and Cath_ like this.
  10. Cath_

Cath_ In my polka dot dress and apron

So many types of lists that aren't available, maybe i see a column list one, like the ones i got the ruler out to make.
    Wish knew what i could do to learn to use my hands to write again. I so loved writing down everything. Now i can't read what i try, or inpulse shake and make something unreadable.

11. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

My own planner is bo-ring! But it's just a super-functional $10 8.5x11 spiral bound that I bought at Target last summer.

All of the new planner options are intriguing, but I don't know when I'd have time for it! I CT for a stamp company that just came out with a planner stamp set at CHA, and the only thing I use it on right now is layouts- go figure.

If I had to choose one kit from the store here, it would be the planner add-on to Just Jaimee's Storyteller kits. I have the VIP subscription, so they're included. Kind of easy to make the choice when you've already paid for it. :) Plus, I just love all her stuff!

Frumpje likes this.
  12. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

I know, right? I've always been a pretty planner gal and have adapted my digi elements to go in my planner, so I'm in heaven!

I do, however, make art to go in my planners (punched or tip-ins) more than decorating each monthly/weekly spread. It keeps it pretty but also keeps me sane.

MrsPeel likes this.
  13. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

This is great. And sadly, so true! My son is learning Mandarin Chinese right now, though, and I can safely say it's an even harder language to master, LOL. *bright side*

And by the way, your English is GREAT! Way better than my... well, anything else :giggle

14. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

Some people build their own pages from scratch. Some print out stickers and put them in an existing planner. There are some plain pages here in the shop you can decorate rather than starting from scratch, too. It's all over the place! Whatever works for whoever's doing it :)

MrsPeel likes this.
  15. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I agree with Jen. Your English is great! You should see my Dutch. Ik ben een.... bakfiets? Speculoos? Yeah I don't know enough words. :giggle I've lived in Denmark for eight years and I still struggle with Danish. Languages are haaaaard!

In my Danish classes, I got to meet people who moved from all over, and many of them asked me lots of questions about English too. They showed me this poem and we spent a long time with them going, "THAT'S how you say that word????"

16. Frumpje

Thank you so much! Nice to hear you are a bakfiets (say what?! You are a bicycle with a separate car for the kids attached to it?! ) or a speculoos (a delicious cookie! I believe you! you look great, you probably taste the same way ;-) )

MrsPeel, cfile and lorryfach like this.
  17. scrappyjedi

scrappyjedi Patience you must have, my young padawan

I'm going to have to hang my head and admit that a mere 3 weeks after I said that, I rushed out and bought a Happy Planner when Hobby Lobby started putting them out on the shelves. The March planner kit in the Just Jaimee Storyteller subscription did me in- it's awesome!

My only color printer is a little 4x6 HP photo printer I've had for ages (I have a B&W laser that I use for most printing), and I actually dusted if off, found the spare ink cartridge I had for it, and printed out some of the blocks (and cut them with a paper trimmer)...and, yeah, I'm hooked. :)

Mind you, most of this took place at midnight last night...

MrsPeel likes this.
  18. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

Why not turn it into a memory planner. Instead of what is going to happen each month, put in what you did that past month along with some photos. Hummmm, I just might do this!!!!

MrsPeel likes this.
  19. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

My life is pretty slow, too. I don't need much of a planner. I have a short to-do list. I was so inspired by Michelle Baxter's planner on instagram (she is our own Quirky Heart) that I'm going to try and do one more as a diary. Every day is worth recording a little something...even if it's just a sticker or "You Go, Girl." I'm looking forward to trying it. I started with a line a day journal. I think I'm ready for a square a day now.
    I successfully finished that and have been keeping up with my February one, too.

[​IMG]

MrsPeel and cfile like this.
  20. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Me too

MrsPeel likes this.