This is SO embarrassing!

Discussion in 'Month of Challenges - 2015' started by mrs2a50, Jan 23, 2015.

1. mrs2a50

mrs2a50 Pretty much the best.ever.

Well, what is it?? What's something about you that you find embarrassing - but not TOO bad. For me, I can't keep my left and right straight. I know what left and right are, but if I'm driving and someone says "turn left" I really struggle and have to think about which way that is.

So what's your embarrassing little thing?

2. mollyc

mollyc PrettyPinkPicturesPlease

I can't say sword properly.

3. ArisaMinamoto

ArisaMinamoto Crazy for Coffee

4. lorryfach

lorryfach Likes to be chauffeured

I have Asperger's. I'm more likely to have people tell me I should be embarrassed about something while I'm wondering why.

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am completely geographically challenged. I can barely keep straight which states are which in my own country let alone where things are in the big wide world.

6. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

north south east west..I am one mixed up compass..I get turned around pretty easy!

7. lynning

lynning Makes wishes come true

I cannot cook. I could burn water if given the chance! It's a good thing my kids don't take after me in the cooking department or we'd all starve to death! LOL I am learning and getting better, but my skill set is still pretty basic - don't expect beef bourguignon anytime soon out of my kitchen!

8. sarahbhb

sarahbhb Happy Anniversary babe! Now, pack up!

I am an unorganized mess. I try and try to make sense of everything but in all honestly I just have trouble letting go of things.

9. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

I'm a geographical mess! If I'm not driving somewhere myself and really paying attention, then I forget exactly where it is I went and have to use my GPS to get back there. I also can't tell you what city is in what state or country, or if it's a country or not. :giggle

10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I'm another one who is geographically challenged. I can travel a route I'm really familiar with and then all of a sudden I can't remember which turns to take. I'm really bad with knowing where is N/S/E/W. I'm used to being this way and if I get lost I just backtrack and find my way eventually.

11. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

I would never have guessed!!

12. JuliettePerkins

JuliettePerkins I eat, sleep, breathe Apple.

I work for an international engineering company and am subconsciously convinced that every country in the pacific is in Africa, which it's not! African Cambodia? African Samoa? Nope!

13. KayTeaPea

KayTeaPea I carried a watermelon

i am an introvert, but when in a group I attempt to be extraverted, and end up droning on about nothing important and boring everyone.

14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I am odd with people. I can be the nicest person, helpful, friendly, and personable online and via email (like for work). If I meet you, in person, you would probably get a "Hi," and then I would proceed to run away and worry. I am ok with people I know, or gradually getting to know in person. The online/email friends I make, I get super flustered around, and I become a bit peculiar. I always like people much more than they like me, and I think I scare myself. It's hard making and keeping friends as an adult sometimes. So, yep, I'm odd with people.

This has happened, and I've wanted to crawl under a rock.

15. kyky

kyky Here, kitty kitty

- i can't drive. Never bothered to learn and now I'm stuck with trains and bus. I *hide* my shame saying that It's more eco-friendly to take the bus than to drive a car ^__^

- I read that many people have difficult with geography. I know where most of the countries are in the world, but I never remember where the italian cities are ^__^ And Italy is not so big... ^__^

16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i'm geographically challenged as well, and my kids are better at maths than me - yes, even the 5y.o. most days

17. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

Oh Jenn we can be friends. This is so totally me as well. So we'd understand when we met in person and understand when the other gets flustered.

18. carilyne

carilyne It's only impossible if you think it is

I could have said most of these -- so I'm really embarrassed. I got my first real cell phone (more than pay as you go) and went straight to the Iphone 6. But I forgot to figure out GPS before I flew to North Carolina so I started out the trip lost.

By the way for us geographically challenged -- why does the GPS tell you to turn north (or whatever) If I knew where north was...

19. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I can stay really quiet for long periods of time. It's unnerving to some people. Some people take offense that I'm not talking up a storm. You know the awkward silence? That's me.

I also get so embarrassed when I say the wrong word. I know the right word, but end up tripping over it & saying the wrong one. That bugs me like you wouldn't believe.

20. thimbleberrie

thimbleberrie Oooh, shiny!

Exactly what Anne said...I use land marks to get around and forget all about street names.....