Thanksgiving | What is your plan?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Nov 11, 2020.

1. elseepe

elseepe I'll follow the sun

It is so hard. It will be just hubby and I and I ordered an already prepared turkey breast dinner from a local grocery (Sprouts). I'm debating some sort of scheduled zoom or FaceTime call with family in Tucson and Denver. We pretty much stay in our bubble. Almost everything is delivery or curbside. We did meet our little grandson a few weeks ago (I will get around to posting a pic for you all). We have needed to go out for some appointments last week and through next week, so we will not be joining anyone else for Thanksgiving. I'm hoping that things will scale back down and we can have a self-isolation period before Christmas and hopefully spend Christmas with family together. We are all very conscious about mask wearing and distancing, none of us are going out to restaurants. My husband is older and has some health conditions, my daughter's husband has an underlying condition that makes this virus very risky for him -- so we are all, perhaps, a bit overcautious. I'm trying to tell myself that we'll be able to have a more normal Holiday season next year, and by limiting gatherings this year we'll be around to enjoy each other next year.

KarenB, rach3975 and jk703 like this.
  2. rach3975

rach3975 Well-Known Member

Sigh...pre-K and K students were scheduled to go back yesterday (for the first time since March), but now our test positivity rate and cases are rising so it's on hold. They'll reevaluate in a few weeks, but I can't imagine things are going to get better in that time. If everything had remained on schedule my kids weren't going to be back until January, but now the older kids' start dates will have to be pushed back, too. At this rate, I think they're likely to be out an entire year. :cry We've had a mask mandate since the spring (thankfully well-followed) and some restrictions have been re-imposed, like the limits on gatherings going from 250 to 25 and hours for restaurants and alcohol sales being cut. I wish they'd prioritize school openings and put stricter limits on other things to make it possible.