Text on a path - ?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Keela, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Keela

Keela I have puppy fever!!

I just did my first layout where I made my own path. I have a few questions...any experts out there?

1. Why is the "o" like that? The path is straight there!
    2. Is there a way (besides stopping and starting the path again) to erase the words that off the page? I guess you can say I was lazy and didn't want to have to start and stop the path. ;)

[​IMG]

Thanks for your help!

P.S. Naming fairies...I think you can officially call me something besides Dippity-Do now. ;) I'm only a PSer now. LOL!

2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

sorry keela... i wish i could help, but pse doesn't do paths. i have to imitate it on my own if i want to get that look... PITA for sure!

3. Amy Wolff

Amy Wolff Amy Wolff

The first one...I don't know?? Maybe your path had a tiny blip in it that you didn't see?

The second...after you are done, rasterize that layer and then you can use your eraser to erase that part.

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yep, I'd say rasterize the text after you're done. Then you can just erase the naught "o" and put in a new one on a separate layer that is in the right place. I haven't ever seen a letter flip like that before... but your page is SO cool! :)

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

oh and whenever I rasterize my text, I create a duplicate layer first, just in case I find a typo later that might need to be fixed... then just hide that layer for if you need it later.

6. Amy Wolff

Amy Wolff Amy Wolff

So smart!!!

7. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

#1 I'm with Amy. I would guess there's an extra wonky anchor point there. The only other way I know of that you could get that is if you had selected that character and set the baseline of it lower than the rest in the Character panel, but it would be pretty hard to do that accidentally.

#2 An alternative to rasterizing would be to just use a layer mask and paint with black over the areas you want to hide.

8. Keela

Keela I have puppy fever!!

Ahhh...rasterize (love that word)...I knew there had to be a way. Thank you!!! :heartslub

9. MandaKay

MandaKay Loyal as they come.

Good stuff to know! I always knew about rasterizing, but never knew that would make it possible to erase!

Great LO Keela!

10. eryn

eryn gross no longer

well I can't help any more but just wanted to say your LO is absolutely awesome! As soon as I saw it in the newsletter I wished it was mine! lol

11. faerywings

faerywings New Member

Oh that is a great LO! So much fun- glad you were able to get help!

12. carolee

carolee Humming along in the Neil mobile

How weird about that o!

I would use a layer mask and paint over it in black to erase. I love layer masks because they can be undone so easily!