ta_merkins layouts

Discussion in 'MOC 2021 Layouts' started by ta_merkins, Jan 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ta_merkins

ta_merkins Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

day 24: color challenge
    [​IMG]

2. ta_merkins

day 22 title in shape
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  3. ta_merkins

day 21: bday challenge
    [​IMG]

4. ta_merkins

day 23 journaling
    [​IMG]
    journaling
    Me: let's talk about when you got to come live with us. Tell me how you saw the events- what do you remember?

Prince: you know I lived with 10 other cats. Then I left with just Princess to your house. It was a new house and new stuff going on. It was pretty scary and there were little kids.

Me: yes. The boys were pretty little then...just 3 and less than 1.

Prince: Excuse me! Please don't interrupt my story! ANYWAY, then you and the little boys moved away. It was just dad and me and Princess until we went back to live in the house with all the other cats. That was like a homecoming, but not fun to share food and litter boxes with that many cats again. It wasn't too long and I was moving again! I came to your house with that other cat and you and the little boys. We've been together ever since.

Me: now can I talk? Yes, you and Princess came to our Bird Island house. And the boys and I moved out...and you went to live at the house with the cats. But when they decided to down size cats, I decided that the boys and you would be happier with them than a whole new family. So, I brought you to live with us in Benson. You had an adjustment period, but eventually you setled in quite nicely. And yep, we've been together ever since. How has it been since that time?

Prince: Well, we've moved a few times but this house is my favorite….but WHY did you have to bring those dogs here? I mean the rodent was bad enough, but DOGS?

Me: We have lived a few places and you’ve done well acclimating yourself each time. As for the other animals, Rusty is a hamster and he's adorable. And the dogs? Wel, they are part of the family too. They just wanna play and you just don't want to. You must want to do other things?

Prince: I'm over 15 yrs old, I just want to nap and eat...and play when I want to play.

5. ta_merkins

day 30 extreme shadows
    [​IMG]

6. ta_merkins

day 29 journaling: 244 words 8 highlighted words
    Schooling at home. We started last March. That was a few assignments each day for a total of a few hours. It wasn’t bad, but wasn’t the best either. When school started this year, I was hoping for a better option. The option is not better. The option is to stay online each day from 8a-3p. This is not a great option. Even my kids who LOVE technology tend to stop paying attention. The overarching theory seems to be that they are in class, but at home. The thing is that they aren’t. I’d rather the school have found a better way to do this. When everyone was at home, there were classes from 830a-1p and then 1p-3p was work time. That was the time to work on your stuff and meet with your teachers virtually. As a former teacher in a charter school, I think this could work when kids are in school too. My theory is that 1-3p time could be spent in advisory working on stuff. This would ensure that the kids aren’t moving around the school so much and would keep the kids at home on a regular schedule too. I know they want all the kids back in school next month….and I don’t know that our kids are going….but this is our option for right now. I can’t wait until the vaccines are more widely available and I feel like I have a good option. Someday soon.
    [​IMG]

7. ta_merkins

day 27: fill up template
    [​IMG]

8. ta_merkins

day 28: paint and paper
    [​IMG]

9. ta_merkins

10. ta_merkins