Switching from pse to ps

Discussion in 'Learning Pad' started by klweber2002, Jan 21, 2022.

1. klweber2002

klweber2002 New Member

Hello
    I just purchased Mommyish page maker and realistic plastic styles. And I love the page maker. Made a page, and tried to follow her tutorial on making a realistic plastic page. I was doing great up to the point of merging and creating a path. And decided I really need to step out of my comfort zone and just take the plunge and learn photoshop. I enjoy playing with styles and actions, and feel like pse is holding me back on my creativity. This all started when I decided I wanted to go from 12x12 project life pages to 12x9 pages. I found a company that makes 12x9 photobooks, but there are no realistic templates for 12x9. I'd also like to do a 10x8 book too.
    So does anyone have a favorite YouTube tutorials on learning photoshop? Thanks in advance!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I found it very easy to switch from PSE to PS in 2016. I just needed to learn a few things that are done differently. You can do it!

I don’t know any tutorials off the top of my head (and I’m typing on my phone during lunch break) but I bet you can find lots on YouTube. Also we have a forum right here on TLP with lots of tutorials.

And lots of helpful people who will reply to specific questions as you make the transition.

3. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I only have been scrapping in PS since late October and @michelepixels is right, yes there is a transition but a lot of the basics are quite similar to me at least which made it easier as well.

There are a tonne of knowledgeable people who use PS who can answer questions. @cfile & @gonewiththewind were two that helped me if I had any questions and posted in the forum.

4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

We have a list of tutorials that have been shared here at The Lilypad. You can find them at the top of the Learning Pad or click here: Alphabetical Listing of Tutorials

I have always enjoyed Julieanne Kost's tutorials. She's a Digital Imaging Evangelist for Adobe. You can find an extensive list of tutorials on her blog.

I have a YouTube channel where I share my scrapbooking process videos: Watch Cheryl Scrap. Most of my videos this month have music overlays instead of voice overs (due to time constraints of scrapping daily), but I do have a list of all my live sessions here: Watch Cheryl Scrap LIVE! During the live sessions, I share tips and tricks, and answer questions from attendees. There may be something there that would help you. I also have a series of videos for Adobe Lightroom that are still available that you may want to watch as well if you got the Photography Plan with Adobe that includes PSCC and LR: Lightroom: From Workflow to WOW Videos

Of course, if you have specific questions, you can always post them here in the Learning Pad or in the Scrapping Pad. :)

sharonb likes this.
  5. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Thanks @gonewiththewind for your detailed info. I am still thinking of switching, but am afraid.

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

You are welcome! Remember, you always have the opportunity to try out PSCC before you purchase it. That's a great way to determine if the program will work for you.