Summer of Fun = Exhausted Mom!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Karah, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Karah

Karah Karah

We have been going-going-going NON-STOP since summer break started. It's been a lot of fun, and the kids are having a great time. But man - I am TIRED! I would love to have a good solid week of sitting around with nothing to do! Or maybe a week with only one or two activities. Is that too much to ask? We've hardly even had time to just hang out by the pool! Are your summers going like this? :spin

2. RebeccaH

RebeccaH Life is exciting, yes it is!

for the first several weeks we were in the same boat karah! just running around like crazy people!
    last week and this week have been relatively calm. we've traveled on the weekends, but have done little else during the week... except for a combined 22 hours of gymnastics practice, but that's such a normal part of life that i don't even count it anymore.

3. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

Older kids = more free time for mom, I have determined. I've been busy last week because my daughter and her boyfriend were here for her birthday week. She leaves today, so it's back to the 18 year old son who spends most of his time in his room. Now next week, he leaves for a two week trip and I'll be completely alone! Nothing to get accomplished other than scrapping what I want... {oh, and working but that's not much fun}

4. emmasmom

emmasmom emmasmom

Yup...same here. This summer has been insane so far (and we have a 3 week beach trip on coming up). I'm about ready to collapse!

5. julia

julia julia

We're taking it slow, I really need some time to relax when I'm off work, so we have stuff planned but not too much. We're going camping, going to the movies, to my parents cabin, the zoo and the amusement park, but that's all so far. We'll see if our days get boring, we might have to add going to a waterworld and such.

6. Karah

Karah Karah

LOL. I had all these big plans for doing projects (scrap and other), organizing, cleaning, reading. I've done absolutely nothing. And it's ok because the kids & I are making memories. But man - I Just want to sit! I think this week should be a bit more low-key... I hope!!

7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

DH and I both work fulltime, so after we get home and eat dinner, there's not much time for anything else. Especially with how ridiculously hot it has been, we've been sticking inside the house.

I've been trying to fill up our weekends with fun things to do, but that still leaves 4-5 nights of downtime. :)

8. javamonster

javamonster Rwaarrr!

Today my oldest is with her Dad at his work. I have NO idea what she's doing to keep occupied (she didn't take her DMV driving rule booklet with her to study), and her boyfriend, her main reason for coming home by 2 o'clock, decided not to come over. I almost forget I have a son, because he's holed up in his room chatting with an online friend in Hawaii, I think?, and playing Mine Craft.

It seems I used to have much more energy to DO stuff with the kids. Doesn't help my mobility has been crappy for the past month. But I have taken them to Six Flags, and Santa Monica Pier (Pacific Park) this past Friday. We also have passes for Hurricane Harbor, so that's in the plan, too. There are some museums I'm gonna take them to---Petersen Auto Museum, because, while I'm not a motorhead, I DO love shiny, beautiful cars & motorcycles. And the Science Center, because it's free, and they have a Cleopatra exhibit there right now. And it's next to the Natural History Museum which has live giant insects and dino skeletons. Oh, and the Wax Museum and Ripley's Believe It or Not, for the kitsch factor.

On top of all that, I'm looking forward to some relative peace when my daughter and her same-age cousin go visit my mother (their grandmother) in New England, and then spend two days in NYC.

You know, that really doesn't sound like taking it easy, does it? Some of it will be spaced out during the year, too, I hope.

9. crazygirl

crazygirl Opening a post office

It's been the same here!! Running non-stop till the kids got out of school. And I see no end in sight. Fun but soo soo tiring.