Stress | Pad Patter 3-7-23

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jk703, Mar 7, 2023.

1. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

hahahaha! you guys. I love the jokes! My favorite kind, dad jokes! :giggle

I'm doing well. Laughter is my best medicine. It really takes the stress out of me for a minute, and resets me! Oh, and I've taken it upon myself to remind me that it will all be ok... I can figure this all out and all will be ok.

Karen and LynnG like this.
  2. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

I've got a senior this year too. Hopefully he will manage to graduate in June. He wants to go to community college in the fall. Unfortunately since he refused to get his learner's permit he won't have a license by then, and I'm not sure I want to take on transporting him to and from. I'm still working and NoVA is the opposite direction from my office.

Since I don't have legal custody of him, like I did with his older siblings, I have to depend on his mother letting me know what's happening and she's not good about passing the info along.

3. G.J.

G.J. If I Could Turn Back Time

So sorry to hear you are crossing so much stress. Thinking of you.
    How I manage stress
    1. Qi gong, bike, etc.
    [​IMG]
    2. Scrap therapy
    [​IMG]
    3. Deep breathing exercises -believe me they really work-
    [​IMG]
    4. Preparing and eating good and delicious food
    [​IMG]
    5. Napping (or disconnect with the whole world)
    [​IMG]

Karen and jk703 like this.
  4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I love the gifs! :) I do like to do the eating, and sleeping part! :) Thanks Grace!

G.J. likes this.
  5. tjscraps

tjscraps Tomorrow I'll do what I want to do

I don't ... I just ignore it and hope it goes away lol

jk703 and Karen like this.
  6. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

When I get stressed I walk, get out into nature, clear my head. The quiet peaceful surroundings calm me. Then I can come back and cope a little better with whatever is going on.

[​IMG]

jk703 likes this.
  7. designbylime

designbylime Definitely a cat person.

Retirement is the best medicine for stress.

jk703 likes this.
  8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I deal with stress by treating the dogs as my therapists and telling them everything wrong. And then cuddling with them on the couch with good music in my headphones. That way when someone calls to me I can pretend I didn't hear them, but answer if I need to. I also angry walk if it's all frustrating stress. Stick the dogs on a leash and go stomp down the sidewalk until I feel better.

My husband lies on our bed and listens to relaxing Youtube videos for 15 minutes with his eyes closed, the door shut, and huge "Do NOT Disturb" vibes coming from the room.

We've done a lot of dad jokes around here lately. So, here you go:

I ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

jk703 likes this.
  9. estir_bune

estir_bune No, it's snot

I tend to stress about things I do not need too... usually happens when I wake to do the midnight potty stop - when I try to return to a peaceful slumber, my brain has other ideas... usually filled with what ifs and do Is... ugh...
    What if this or that happens (usually doesn't)... Do I have enough $ for this or that (usually do)... If I have surgery will they have to cut off my permanent bracelet (dunno, maybe)? These aren't world ending crises that need to be solved at 3am they only serve to deplete sleep...
    I did the grad party last year - outdoor games, all sorts of food - fun stuff for a few hours until a straight line wind/rain storm blew through and we ended up with 3 broken canopies (saved the food), and 50 people in our garage - even through the mishap it was a good time! An event that friends and family won't soon forget! :-)
    My advise is to do your best with what you have, because it almost never goes the way you had planned - but YOU are the only one that will KNOW that it didn't...

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    jk703 likes this.