Store search for color

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Carla, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Carla

Carla Well-Known Member

I there not a way to search the store for a certain color like Red or Purple?

2. sm_amber

sm_amber I learn from the best..

I was actually just wishing I could do that, too! Though.. I'm guessing the results wouldn't be as narrowed down as we might like. For example...

[​IMG]

This collection could be included in searches for black, blue, brown, green, yellow, red, white, pink and orange. Not exactly super helpful if I'm wanting an all black page, per se... Also, from a designer perspective, it's really easy to overlook and not include, or mistakenly add products to categories to which they don't belong. I'm guessing it would end up with disappointed customers and overwhelmed customer service. Just my two cents.. :)

3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

No, but that's something I like to have when I tag/keyword my digital supplies. You know, when I'm caught up with that. LOL

4. LynnG

LynnG Designer

I add as a keyword to mine, if that helps

A-M likes this.
  5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

When I need a certain color (or colors) for a layout I usually just start in the BYOC section of the store and scan until I find similar colors in one of the BYOC collections, then I see if any of those match the theme or subject I'm trying to scrap. The BYOC collections are so big that I can almost always find something I want that way.

sm_amber and A-M like this.
  6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

i do what Karen ^^^ does - if i can find the colour i want in a BYOC that helps narrow things down
    That said, some of the paper packs come in single colours with the colour in their title (eg. Basic Blacks paper range by Paula - so sometimes i just type the colour name into the search field and see what kit/paper packs it turns up - and beyond that to narrow it down in 'Advanced search', i'll limit it to papers like below if that's what i'm looking for and sometimes that helps
    Capture-colour search.JPG

(i did do the same search for 'red' but it pulls in everything labeled 'layeRED', 'inspiRED' and 'captuRED' etc even with the 'exact phrase' option selected -@bestcee do you know a way around that?) - purple gave a more appropriate bunch of papers as an answer

Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    bestcee and Karen like this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

@bestcee i think i put you in after i edited the above post so the tag probably didn't work - plz see above

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

@bellbird I search the store by color the same way you do. However, for something like "red" I actually search Google. Google uses Boolean terms, and the store doesn't. So I would search like this:
    ( "red" site:the-lilypad.com/store ) on Google search. Then, either read the results or click on images. This limits red to the store, and won't include the blog or layouts in the gallery.
    The other thing I do is with a color is look if there's a holiday associated with it. Like red - I check out the Valentine's or July 4th (red, white, blue prominent colors) section of the store. https://the-lilypad.com/store/Valentine-s/ or https://the-lilypad.com/store/July-4th/
    Or Green - St. Patty's Day or Christmas: https://the-lilypad.com/store/St.-Patty-s/ or https://the-lilypad.com/store/Christmas/

gonewiththewind and bellbird like this.
  9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

That's so smart! I hadn't thought to do that but it makes total sense!

bestcee likes this.