Sticker/Label paper for planner?

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by Brandi, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Brandi

Brandi You're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind

Ok so for those of you that print their digi goodies onto sticker paper, and then cut using your silhouette (people do this right? :D ), what kind of paper do you use? Just regular sticker paper or is there a better kind?

2. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I've heard Avery sticker paper is the best. I've just ordered a 25pack from Amazon. :)

Brandi likes this.
  3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I've only used the Silhouette sticker paper and that was just this week. It's kinda magical that it somehow can cut only through the sticker paper, but leaves the packing paper un-cut! It's less than $5 for 8 sheets on Amazon. Pretty good deal if you ask me! :)

Brandi likes this.
  4. sushimommy

sushimommy Could you point me to the helipad?

I have been using the Avery stick paper, but now that Karen mentions it, I think I have a pack of the Silhouette sticker paper in the drawer! The silhouette cuts through the backing on the Avery paper but it's not too bad to peel off. :)

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I just ordered the Avery sticker paper that supposedly is thicker and doesn't show through to what's underneath. "TrueBlock Technology" We'll see ~ I've never used it (or anything else before). LOL http://amzn.com/B00008XPE9 It was $5 on sale with Prime shipping, so it was worth a try!

I also watched somewhere (maybe Jaimee) that adjusted her Silhouette cut so that it only cut partially through the sticker paper.

6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I've used the Avery which I love because it's repositional. And the cheap label paper, which I love because it's cheap, so if I screw up, I don't feel as bad {100 sheets for $12 or so}. I adjusted my blade depth smaller from what Silhouette recommends and was able to get the kiss cut with both papers!

enjoyyourpix likes this.
  7. AllisonPennington

AllisonPennington Queen of the Realm

I'm in the middle of testing sticker paper. I've tested both Sill. and Cricut (matte) sticker paper and I have a 100 pack of glossy coming tomorrow (finally) that I'm excited about.

I use almost the same exact settings to cut sticker paper as I do to cut vinyl but I'm guess the glossy will be a tiny bit thicker.

Karen and bestcee like this.
  8. Brynn Marie

Brynn Marie Brynn Marie

I like the Sil brand paper. My only complaint is that my prints seem a little dull on the Sil paper. That could totally be a printer problem though.

You can KISS cut on the Avery, you just need to play with your settings. Make sure you are utilizing the Test Cut feature so you're not wasting an entire sheet.

9. WendyBird

WendyBird Active Member

10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Thanks for sharing! Is the Glossy Permanent one a single back sheet? Or does it have the split back? I figured out the difference when printing out things.

11. WendyBird

WendyBird Active Member

It's single!